Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Osteopontin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Osteopontin antibody
See all Osteopontin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Osteopontin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Rat Skeletal Muscle Tissue Rat Brain Tissue HL60 Whole Cell Mouse Brain Tissue Rat Liver Tissue (data not shown) Mouse Liver Tissue (data not shown) Human Liver Tissue (data not shown)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63856 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa).|
FunctionBinds tightly to hydroxyapatite. Appears to form an integral part of the mineralized matrix. Probably important to cell-matrix interaction.
Acts as a cytokine involved in enhancing production of interferon-gamma and interleukin-12 and reducing production of interleukin-10 and is essential in the pathway that leads to type I immunity.
Tissue specificityBone. Found in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the osteopontin family.
modificationsExtensively phosphorylated on clustered serine residues.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Information by UniProt
- BNSP antibody
- Bone sialoprotein 1 antibody
- Bone sialoprotein I antibody
IHC image of Osteopontin staining in human breast carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab63856, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ICC/IF image of ab63856 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab63856, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-Osteopontin antibody (ab63856) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Skeletal Muscle (Rat) Tissue Lysate - normal tissue (ab29376)
Lane 2 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate - normal tissue
Lane 3 : HL60 (Human promyelocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (Human) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
Observed band size: 32 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 42 kDa, 56 kDa, 88 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab63856 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Bhat OM et al. Medial calcification in the arterial wall of smooth muscle cell-specific Smpd1 transgenic mice: A ceramide-mediated vasculopathy. J Cell Mol Med 24:539-553 (2020). PubMed: 31743567
- Zhang L et al. Role of the Balance of Akt and MAPK Pathways in the Exercise-Regulated Phenotype Switching in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31766280
- Zhang Y et al. Guanine and nucleotide binding protein 3 promotes odonto/osteogenic differentiation of apical papilla stem cells via JNK and ERK signaling pathways. Int J Mol Med 43:382-392 (2019). PubMed: 30431055
- Song SZ et al. Targeting of SPP1 by microRNA-340 inhibits gastric cancer cell epithelial-mesenchymal transition through inhibition of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30953349
- Yan Y et al. Effect of Thyrotropin on Osteopontin, Integrin avß3, and VCAM-1 in the Endothelium via Activation of Akt. Int J Mol Sci 17:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27657042
- Koczorowska MM et al. Fibroblast activation protein-a, a stromal cell surface protease, shapes key features of cancer associated fibroblasts through proteome and degradome alterations. Mol Oncol 10:40-58 (2016). PubMed: 26304112
- Kim MO et al. Electromagnetic fields and nanomagnetic particles increase the osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Int J Mol Med 35:153-60 (2015). PubMed: 25352086
- Nishimura I et al. Effect of osteogenic differentiation medium on proliferation and differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells in three-dimensional culture with radial flow bioreactor. Regen Ther 2:24-31 (2015). PubMed: 31245456