Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Osteopontin - N-terminal
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Osteopontin antibody - N-terminal
See all Osteopontin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Osteopontin - N-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Osteopontin (N terminal). (18 amino acid peptide; NP_001238759).
Database link: P10451
- Human bladder tissue and lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181440 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 - 20 µg/ml.|
FunctionBinds tightly to hydroxyapatite. Appears to form an integral part of the mineralized matrix. Probably important to cell-matrix interaction.
Acts as a cytokine involved in enhancing production of interferon-gamma and interleukin-12 and reducing production of interleukin-10 and is essential in the pathway that leads to type I immunity.
Tissue specificityBone. Found in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the osteopontin family.
modificationsExtensively phosphorylated on clustered serine residues.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Information by UniProt
- BNSP antibody
- Bone sialoprotein 1 antibody
- Bone sialoprotein I antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Osteopontin antibody - N-terminal (ab181440) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Osteopontin antibody - N-terminal (ab181440) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Human bladder tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human bladder tissue labeling Osteopontin with ab181440 at 5 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human bladder tissue labeling Osteopontin with ab181440 at 20 µg/ml.
ab181440 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Herum KM et al. Syndecan-4 Protects the Heart From the Profibrotic Effects of Thrombin-Cleaved Osteopontin. J Am Heart Assoc 9:e013518 (2020). PubMed: 32000579
- Stoffel W et al. Neutral Sphingomyelinase 2 (SMPD3) Deficiency in Mice Causes Chondrodysplasia with Unimpaired Skeletal Mineralization. Am J Pathol 189:1831-1845 (2019). PubMed: 31199918
- Sampayo-Escobar V et al. Osteopontin plays a pivotal role in increasing severity of respiratory syncytial virus infection. PLoS One 13:e0192709 (2018). PubMed: 29677209
- Wang G et al. Osteopontin, Bone Morphogenetic Protein-4, and Vitamin D Receptor Gene Polymorphisms in the Susceptibility and Clinical Severity of Spinal Tuberculosis. Cell Physiol Biochem 41:1881-1893 (2017). PubMed: 28376475
- Ning S et al. Genetic differences in osteogenic differentiation potency in the thoracic ossification of the ligamentum flavum under cyclic mechanical stress. Int J Mol Med 39:135-143 (2017). PubMed: 28004120