Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Otx1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Otx1 antibody
See all Otx1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Otx1
SpecificityWe have not been able to test Rabbit polyclonal to Otx1 (ab25985) in Western Blot due to difficulties in accessing the appropriate lysates. We would appreciate any feedback on this antibody.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Catfish
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 100 - 200 of Mouse Otx1.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following tissues: Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Mouse E11.5 Embryo Normal; Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Mouse E17 Brain Normal.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25985 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa).
This application has only been tested on recombinant protein.
FunctionProbably plays a role in the development of the brain and the sense organs. Can bind to the BCD target sequence (BTS): 5'-TCTAATCCC-3'.
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the paired homeobox family. Bicoid subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ38361 antibody
- Homeobox protein OTX 1 antibody
- Homeobox protein OTX1 antibody
Anti-Otx1 antibody (ab25985) at 1 µg/ml + OTX1 (Human) - Recombinant Protein at 0.1 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed at 1/50000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
Observed band size: 75 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab25985 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
Ab25985 recognizes the full length tagged recombinant protein which has an expected molecular weight of 75 kDa.
ab25985 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Elwakeel E et al. Phenotypic Plasticity of Fibroblasts during Mammary Carcinoma Development. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31505876
- Xu PC et al. Myeloperoxidase influences the complement regulatory function of modified C-reactive protein. Innate Immun : (2013). PubMed: 24189124
- Saito T et al. Neocortical Layer Formation of Human Developing Brains and Lissencephalies: Consideration of Layer-Specific Marker Expression. Cereb Cortex : (2010). PubMed: 20624841
- Hadjivassiliou G et al. The application of cortical layer markers in the evaluation of cortical dysplasias in epilepsy. Acta Neuropathol : (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20411268