Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [6C8] to Ovalbumin
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Chicken
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Ovalbumin antibody [6C8]
See all Ovalbumin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [6C8] to Ovalbumin
SpecificityThe antibody reacts strongly with Ovalbumin (OA) in denatured and modified forms (native OA surface-adsorbed, heat-denatured or reduced). Strong reaction is seen in ELISA, with OA directly coated onto the microtiterwell. In dotblotting it reacts with both native and denatured OA adsorbed onto nitrocellulose. In Western blotting after SDS-PAGE, the antibody reacts with OA in reduced as well as unreduced forms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Chicken Ovalbumin. Purified chicken ovalbumin was treated with formaldehyde and lysine for 2 weeks at 35°C and then autoclaved for 1 h at 110°C.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesImmunized i.p. with immunogen adsorbed onto Al(OH)3.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17293 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa.|
FunctionStorage protein of egg white. Lack protease inhibitory activity.
Tissue specificityMajor protein of egg white.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family. Ov-serpin subfamily.
modificationsThe signal sequence is not cleaved. The functional signal for membrane translocation of ovalbumin becomes accessible when the nascent chain is 50 to 60 residues long. The hydrophobic sequence which lies between residues 27 and 43 folds back on the preceding residues to form an amphipathic hairpin structure which is the signal element recognized by the membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Allergen Gal d II antibody
- Egg albumin antibody
- OVAL_CHICK antibody
ab17293 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Xu Y et al. Macrophages transfer antigens to dendritic cells by releasing exosomes containing dead-cell-associated antigens partially through a ceramide-dependent pathway to enhance CD4(+) T-cell responses. Immunology 149:157-71 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27278624
- Grødeland G et al. The Specificity of Targeted Vaccines for APC Surface Molecules Influences the Immune Response Phenotype. PLoS One 8:e80008 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24244595
- Ding Q et al. RAFTsomes containing epitope-MHC-II complexes mediated CD4+ T cell activation and antigen-specific immune responses. Pharm Res 30:60-9 (2013). PubMed: 22878683
- Palmieri M et al. Development of an analytical protocol for a fast, sensitive and specific protein recognition in paintings by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Anal Bioanal Chem 399:3011-23 (2011). ELISA . PubMed: 21170522
- Cartechini L et al. Immunodetection of proteins in ancient paint media. Acc Chem Res 43:867-76 (2010). ELISA . PubMed: 20438070
- Forster N et al. p300 protein acetyltransferase activity suppresses systemic lupus erythematosus-like autoimmune disease in mice. J Immunol 178:6941-8 (2007). PubMed: 17513743