Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2Q2311] to Oxoguanine 8
- Suitable for: ELISA, IHC, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgM
Product nameAnti-Oxoguanine 8 antibody [2Q2311]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2Q2311] to Oxoguanine 8
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Other Immunogen Type. Oxoguanine 8 adsorbed on to alumina.
- ICC/IF: HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab206461 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceOxoguanine 8 (8-Oxoguanine) is a mutagenic oxidative damage product of guanine. Guanine is the main target for reactive oxygen species in DNA, with 8-oxoguanine being the most frequent base lesion. Thus formation of 8-oxoguanine is an important biomarker of oxidative damage to DNA. It is primarily repaired by the DNA glycosylase OGG1.
- 8 Oxoguanine antibody
- 8 hydroxyguanine antibody
- 8 Oxo 7,8 dihydroguanine antibody
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells using ab206461 at 1/50. TRITC-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG was used as the secondary. On the left, the nuclei were stained with DAPI and the actin filaments with an Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated antibody. On the right, the ab206461 staining is shown (red).
ab206461 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wang J et al. The Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen-1 upregulates the cellular antioxidant defense to enable B-cell growth transformation and immortalization. Oncogene 39:603-616 (2020). PubMed: 31511648
- Breau M et al. The antioxidant N-acetylcysteine protects from lung emphysema but induces lung adenocarcinoma in mice. JCI Insight 4:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31578304
- Zhou W et al. Potent and specific MTH1 inhibitors targeting gastric cancer. Cell Death Dis 10:434 (2019). PubMed: 31164636
- Zhou Y et al. DHRS2 inhibits cell growth and motility in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncogene 37:1086-1094 (2018). IHC-P . PubMed: 29106393
- Yan D et al. WBSCR22 confers oxaliplatin resistance in human colorectal cancer. Sci Rep 7:15443 (2017). Other ; Human . PubMed: 29133897