Product namep-Nitrobenzyl mesylate, Alkylation reagent
Biological descriptionAn alkylation reagent to be used with ab92570 rabbit monoclonal anti-thiophosphate ester antibody and ab138911 ATP-gamma-S for the identification of direct kinase substrates.
Prepare a 50 mM PNBM (12 mg/ml) stock by dissolving PNBM in DMSO and vortexing.
One time use DMSO aliquots may be stored at -20°C.
Chemical name4-Nitrobenzyl mesylate
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab138910 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab138910 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Panagi I et al. Salmonella Effector SteE Converts the Mammalian Serine/Threonine Kinase GSK3 into a Tyrosine Kinase to Direct Macrophage Polarization. Cell Host Microbe 27:41-53.e6 (2020). PubMed: 31862381
- Chen Y et al. Systematic analysis of the Hippo pathway organization and oncogenic alteration in evolution. Sci Rep 10:3173 (2020). PubMed: 32081887
- Cayla M et al. An atypical DYRK kinase connects quorum-sensing with posttranscriptional gene regulation in Trypanosoma brucei. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32213288
- Jiang YY et al. LF4/MOK and a CDK-related kinase regulate the number and length of cilia in Tetrahymena. PLoS Genet 15:e1008099 (2019). PubMed: 31339880
- Chen C et al. Conserved NDR/LATS kinase controls RAS GTPase activity to regulate cell growth and chronological lifespan. Mol Biol Cell 30:2598-2616 (2019). PubMed: 31390298