Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP2126Y] to p130 (phospho S672)
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-p130 (phospho S672) antibody [EP2126Y]
See all p130 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP2126Y] to p130 (phospho S672)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human p130 (phospho S672). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899), treated or untreated with AP.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76255 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 128 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 128 kDa).|
FunctionKey regulator of entry into cell division. Directly involved in heterochromatin formation by maintaining overall chromatin structure and, in particular, that of constitutive heterochromatin by stabilizing histone methylation. Recruits and targets histone methyltransferases SUV420H1 and SUV420H2, leading to epigenetic transcriptional repression. Controls histone H4 'Lys-20' trimethylation. Probably acts as a transcription repressor by recruiting chromatin-modifying enzymes to promoters. Potent inhibitor of E2F-mediated trans-activation, associates preferentially with E2F5. Binds to cyclins A and E. Binds to and may be involved in the transforming capacity of the adenovirus E1A protein. May act as a tumor suppressor.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the retinoblastoma protein (RB) family.
Developmental stageG0-restricted expression.
modificationsDuring G0 and early G1 phase of the cell cycle, phosphorylated on Ser-639 and on 5 sites within the domain B. Phosphorylation on Ser-672 in G1 leads to its ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis.
- Information by UniProt
- 130 kDa retinoblastoma associated protein antibody
- 130 kDa retinoblastoma-associated protein antibody
- IB4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-p130 (phospho S672) antibody [EP2126Y] (ab76255) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysates, treated with AP
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysates, untreated
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg/ml per lane.
All lanes : goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 128 kDa
Observed band size: 128 kDa
ab76255 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Álvaro-Blanco J et al. MAZ induces MYB expression during the exit from quiescence via the E2F site in the MYB promoter. Nucleic Acids Res 45:9960-9975 (2017). PubMed: 28973440
- Iwahori S et al. Human cytomegalovirus-encoded viral cyclin-dependent kinase (v-CDK) UL97 phosphorylates and inactivates the retinoblastoma protein-related p107 and p130 proteins. J Biol Chem 292:6583-6599 (2017). PubMed: 28289097
- Bohrer LR et al. Androgens suppress EZH2 expression via retinoblastoma (RB) and p130-dependent pathways: a potential mechanism of androgen-refractory progression of prostate cancer. Endocrinology 151:5136-45 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20881251