Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [HUGO291] to p21
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-p21 antibody [HUGO291]
See all p21 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [HUGO291] to p21
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Immunogen information is not available
- Mouse skin papilloma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab107099 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/50. Predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa.|
FunctionMay be the important intermediate by which p53/TP53 mediates its role as an inhibitor of cellular proliferation in response to DNA damage. Binds to and inhibits cyclin-dependent kinase activity, preventing phosphorylation of critical cyclin-dependent kinase substrates and blocking cell cycle progression. Functions in the nuclear localization and assembly of cyclin D-CDK4 complex and promotes its kinase activity towards RB1. At higher stoichiometric ratios, inhibits the kinase activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all adult human tissues, with 5-fold lower levels observed in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
DomainThe PIP-box K+4 motif mediates both the interaction with PCNA and the recuitment of the DCX(DTL) complex: while the PIP-box interacts with PCNA, the presence of the K+4 submotif, recruits the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its ubiquitination.
The C-terminal is required for nuclear localization of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-145 by Akt or of Ser-146 by PKC impairs binding to PCNA. Phosphorylation at Ser-114 by GSK3-beta enhances ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex.
Ubiquitinated by MKRN1; leading to polyubiquitination and 26S proteasome-dependent degradation. Ubiquitinated by the DCX(DTL) complex, also named CRL4(CDT2) complex, leading to its degradation during S phase or following UV irradiation. Ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex is essential to control replication licensing and is PCNA-dependent: interacts with PCNA via its PIP-box, while the presence of the containing the 'K+4' motif in the PIP box, recruit the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its degradation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- CAP20 antibody
- CDK-interacting protein 1 antibody
- CDKI antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of mouse p21WT fibrosarcoma and mouse p21KO fibrosarcoma tissue sections labeling p21 with ab107099.
All lanes : Anti-p21 antibody [HUGO291] (ab107099) at 1/50 dilution
Lane 1 : TT243 MEFs (non-irradiated) at 18.83 µg
Lane 2 : TT243 MEFs (irradiated with 10 Gy) at 20.8 µg
Lane 3 : p21-/- KO MEFs at 60 µg
Lane 4 : P21 WT MEFs at 75 µg
Lane 5 : HEK-V5-mp21 transfected cells at 20 µg
Lane 6 : HEK-V5-mp15 transfected cells at 20 µg
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of Hek-V5-mp21 transfected cells labelling p21 with ab107099. Nuclear staining was observed in Hek-V5-mp21 cytospins. Labeling with the anti-V5 mAb confirmed the efficiency of transfection. Cytospin preparation of human CD8 was used as a negative control.
ab107099 at 1/100 staining p21 in conditional TRF1 knock out Mouse skin tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab107099 at 1/100 staining p21 in Mouse skin papilloma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab107099 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Wakita M et al. A BET family protein degrader provokes senolysis by targeting NHEJ and autophagy in senescent cells. Nat Commun 11:1935 (2020). PubMed: 32321921
- Tominaga T et al. Senescence-associated-ß-galactosidase staining following traumatic brain injury in the mouse cerebrum. PLoS One 14:e0213673 (2019). PubMed: 30856215
- Li M et al. APE1 deficiency promotes cellular senescence and premature aging features. Nucleic Acids Res 46:5664-5677 (2018). PubMed: 29750271
- Li Y et al. Curcumin inhibits proliferation, migration, invasion and promotes apoptosis of retinoblastoma cell lines through modulation of miR-99a and JAK/STAT pathway. BMC Cancer 18:1230 (2018). PubMed: 30526546
- Ogrodnik M et al. Cellular senescence drives age-dependent hepatic steatosis. Nat Commun 8:15691 (2017). IHC-P . PubMed: 28608850
- Egashira M et al. F4/80+ Macrophages Contribute to Clearance of Senescent Cells in the Mouse Postpartum Uterus. Endocrinology 158:2344-2353 (2017). PubMed: 28525591
- Sunagawa M et al. Suppression of skin tumorigenesis in CD109-deficient mice. Oncotarget 7:82836-82850 (2016). PubMed: 27756876