Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [SX53G8] to p27 KIP 1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-p27 KIP 1 antibody [SX53G8]
See all p27 KIP 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SX53G8] to p27 KIP 1
Specificityab193379 is highly specific and shows no cross-reaction with other related mitotic inhibitors.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Monkey
Predicted to work with: Cat, Dog, Chinese hamster
Recombinant full length protein (proprietary-tag) corresponding to Human p27 KIP 1 aa 1-198.
MSNVRVSNGSPSLERMDARQAEHPKPSACRNLFGPVDHEELTRDLEKHCR DMEEASQRKWNFDFQNHKPLEGKYEWQEVEKGSLPEFYYRPPRPPKGACK VPAQESQDVSGSRPAAPLIGAPANSEDTHLVDPKTDPSDSQTGLAEQCAG IRKRPATDDSSTQNKRANRTEENVSDGSPNAGSVEQTPKKPGLRRRQT
Database link: P46527
- WB: HAP1, HeLa and MCF7 cell lysate. IHC: Human colon tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab193379 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionImportant regulator of cell cycle progression. Involved in G1 arrest. Potent inhibitor of cyclin E- and cyclin A-CDK2 complexes. Forms a complex with cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes and is involved in the assembly, stability, and modulation of CCND1-CDK4 complex activation. Acts either as an inhibitor or an activator of cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes depending on its phosphorylation state and/or stoichometry.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested. Highest levels in skeletal muscle, lowest in liver and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDKN1B are the cause of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 (MEN4) [MIM:610755]. Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes are inherited cancer syndromes of the thyroid. MEN4 is a MEN-like syndrome with a phenotypic overlap of both MEN1 and MEN2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
DomainA peptide sequence containing only AA 28-79 retains substantial Kip1 cyclin A/CDK2 inhibitory activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated; phosphorylation occurs on serine, threonine and tyrosine residues. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 is the major site of phosphorylation in resting cells, takes place at the G(0)-G(1) phase and leads to protein stability. Phosphorylation on other sites is greatly enhanced by mitogens, growth factors, cMYC and in certain cancer cell lines. The phosphorylated form found in the cytoplasm is inactivate. Phosphorylation on Thr-198 is required for interaction with 14-3-3 proteins. Phosphorylation on Thr-187, by CDK2 leads to protein ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. Tyrosine phosphorylation promotes this process. Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT1 can be suppressed by LY294002, an inhibitor of the catalytic subunit of PI3K. Phosphorylation on Tyr-88 and Tyr-89 has no effect on binding CDK2, but is required for binding CDK4. Dephosphorylated on tyrosine residues by G-CSF.
Ubiquitinated; in the cytoplasm by the KPC complex (composed of RNF123/KPC1 and UBAC1/KPC2) and, in the nucleus, by SCF(SKP2). The latter requires prior phosphorylation on Thr-187. Ubiquitinated; by a TRIM21-containing SCF(SKP2)-like complex; leads to its degradation.
Subject to degradation in the lysosome. Interaction with SNX6 promotes lysosomal degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Endosome. Nuclear and cytoplasmic in quiescent cells. AKT-or RSK-mediated phosphorylation on Thr-198, binds 14-3-3, translocates to the cytoplasm and promotes cell cycle progression. Mitogen-activated UHMK1 phosphorylation on Ser-10 also results in translocation to the cytoplasm and cell cycle progression. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 facilitates nuclear export. Translocates to the nucleus on phosphorylation of Tyr-88 and Tyr-89. Colocalizes at the endosome with SNX6 and this leads to lysosomal degradation.
- Information by UniProt
- AA408329 antibody
- AI843786 antibody
- Cdki1b antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: CDKN1B knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: MCF7 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab193379 observed at 30 kDa. Red - loading control, ab181602, observed at 37 kDa.
ab193379 was shown to specifically recognize CDKN1B in wild-type HAP1 cells as well as additional cross-reactive bands. No bands were observed when CDKN1B knockout samples were used. Wild-type and CDKN1B knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab193379 and ab181602 (Rabbit anti GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 µg/mL and 1/10,000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with 800CW Goat anti Rabbit and 680CW Goat anti Mouse secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human colon tissue labeling p27 KIP 1 with ab193379 at 1 µg/mL.
ab193379 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Huang Z et al. miR-340-FHL2 axis inhibits cell growth and metastasis in ovarian cancer. Cell Death Dis 10:372 (2019). PubMed: 31068580
- Yu F et al. Exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons derived from vehicle exhaust gas induces premature senescence in mouse lung fibroblast cells. Mol Med Rep 19:4326-4334 (2019). PubMed: 30942392
- Wang L et al. ARHGAP24 inhibits cell proliferation and cell cycle progression and induces apoptosis of lung cancer via a STAT6-WWP2-P27 axis. Carcinogenesis N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31430374
- Liu D et al. 1,25-(OH)2D3/Vitamin D receptor alleviates systemic lupus erythematosus by downregulating Skp2 and upregulating p27. Cell Commun Signal 17:163 (2019). PubMed: 31823770
- Wang P et al. Knockdown of NUP160 inhibits cell proliferation, induces apoptosis, autophagy and cell migration, and alters the expression and localization of podocyte associated molecules in mouse podocytes. Gene 664:12-21 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29704630
- Wang J et al. Transcriptome Profiling Reveals PHLDA1 as a Novel Molecular Marker for Ischemic Cardiomyopathy. J Mol Neurosci N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29736818
- Kan SF et al. Sulforaphane regulates apoptosis- and proliferation-related signaling pathways and synergizes with cisplatin to suppress human ovarian cancer. Int J Mol Med 42:2447-2458 (2018). PubMed: 30226534
- He Q et al. Tsantan Sumtang Alleviates Chronic Hypoxia-Induced Pulmonary Hypertension by Inhibiting Proliferation of Pulmonary Vascular Cells. Biomed Res Int 2018:9504158 (2018). PubMed: 30622966
- Gong SJ et al. Upregulation of PP2Ac predicts poor prognosis and contributes to aggressiveness in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Biol Ther 17:151-62 (2016). PubMed: 26618405