Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to p27 KIP 1 (phospho T187)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-p27 KIP 1 (phospho T187) antibody
See all p27 KIP 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to p27 KIP 1 (phospho T187)
Specificityab75908 detects endogenous levels of p27 KIP 1 only when phosphorylated at threonine 187.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human p27 KIP 1 conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH). Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human p27 KIP 1 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 187 (E-Q-TP-P-K).
Database link: P46527
- Extract from HeLa cells treated with EGF or IFN alpha. IF: A431 cell line
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab75908 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75908 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionImportant regulator of cell cycle progression. Involved in G1 arrest. Potent inhibitor of cyclin E- and cyclin A-CDK2 complexes. Forms a complex with cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes and is involved in the assembly, stability, and modulation of CCND1-CDK4 complex activation. Acts either as an inhibitor or an activator of cyclin type D-CDK4 complexes depending on its phosphorylation state and/or stoichometry.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested. Highest levels in skeletal muscle, lowest in liver and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDKN1B are the cause of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 (MEN4) [MIM:610755]. Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes are inherited cancer syndromes of the thyroid. MEN4 is a MEN-like syndrome with a phenotypic overlap of both MEN1 and MEN2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CDI family.
DomainA peptide sequence containing only AA 28-79 retains substantial Kip1 cyclin A/CDK2 inhibitory activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated; phosphorylation occurs on serine, threonine and tyrosine residues. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 is the major site of phosphorylation in resting cells, takes place at the G(0)-G(1) phase and leads to protein stability. Phosphorylation on other sites is greatly enhanced by mitogens, growth factors, cMYC and in certain cancer cell lines. The phosphorylated form found in the cytoplasm is inactivate. Phosphorylation on Thr-198 is required for interaction with 14-3-3 proteins. Phosphorylation on Thr-187, by CDK2 leads to protein ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. Tyrosine phosphorylation promotes this process. Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT1 can be suppressed by LY294002, an inhibitor of the catalytic subunit of PI3K. Phosphorylation on Tyr-88 and Tyr-89 has no effect on binding CDK2, but is required for binding CDK4. Dephosphorylated on tyrosine residues by G-CSF.
Ubiquitinated; in the cytoplasm by the KPC complex (composed of RNF123/KPC1 and UBAC1/KPC2) and, in the nucleus, by SCF(SKP2). The latter requires prior phosphorylation on Thr-187. Ubiquitinated; by a TRIM21-containing SCF(SKP2)-like complex; leads to its degradation.
Subject to degradation in the lysosome. Interaction with SNX6 promotes lysosomal degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Endosome. Nuclear and cytoplasmic in quiescent cells. AKT-or RSK-mediated phosphorylation on Thr-198, binds 14-3-3, translocates to the cytoplasm and promotes cell cycle progression. Mitogen-activated UHMK1 phosphorylation on Ser-10 also results in translocation to the cytoplasm and cell cycle progression. Phosphorylation on Ser-10 facilitates nuclear export. Translocates to the nucleus on phosphorylation of Tyr-88 and Tyr-89. Colocalizes at the endosome with SNX6 and this leads to lysosomal degradation.
- Information by UniProt
- AA408329 antibody
- AI843786 antibody
- Cdki1b antibody
All lanes : Anti-p27 KIP 1 (phospho T187) antibody (ab75908) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HeLa cells treated with EGF with immunising peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from HeLa cells treated with EGF
Lane 3 : Extracts from HeLa cells treated with IFN alpha
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab75908 (left) at 1/50 dilution or the same antibody preincubated with blocking peptide (right).
ab75908 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Ren G et al. Reduced Basal Nitric Oxide Production Induces Precancerous Mammary Lesions via ERBB2 and TGFß. Sci Rep 9:6688 (2019). PubMed: 31040372
- Walter DM et al. RB constrains lineage fidelity and multiple stages of tumour progression and metastasis. Nature 569:423-427 (2019). PubMed: 31043741
- Ale-Agha N et al. CDKN1B/p27 is localized in mitochondria and improves respiration-dependent processes in the cardiovascular system-New mode of action for caffeine. PLoS Biol 16:e2004408 (2018). PubMed: 29927970
- Zhang H & Hu N Telomerase reverse transcriptase induced thyroid carcinoma cell proliferation through PTEN/AKT signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 18:1345-1352 (2018). PubMed: 29901196
- Tian F et al. miR-33a is downregulated in melanoma cells and modulates cell proliferation by targeting PCTAIRE1. Oncol Lett 11:2741-2746 (2016). PubMed: 27073545
- Horiuchi D et al. PIM1 kinase inhibition as a targeted therapy against triple-negative breast tumors with elevated MYC expression. Nat Med 22:1321-1329 (2016). PubMed: 27775705
- Kim JA et al. Comprehensive functional analysis of the tousled-like kinase 2 frequently amplified in aggressive luminal breast cancers. Nat Commun 7:12991 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27694828
- Osaki LH & Gama P MAPK signaling pathway regulates p27 phosphorylation at threonin 187 as part of the mechanism triggered by early-weaning to induce cell proliferation in rat gastric mucosa. PLoS One 8:e66651 (2013). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 23762493
- Gentilin E et al. miR-26a plays an important role in cell cycle regulation in ACTH-secreting pituitary adenomas by modulating protein kinase Cd. Endocrinology 154:1690-700 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23525216
- Kashiwagi A et al. Targeted deletion of Capn4 in cells of the chondrocyte lineage impairs chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation. Mol Cell Biol 30:2799-810 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20368361