Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to P2X7
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-P2X7 antibody
See all P2X7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to P2X7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
- Jurkat cell lysate; Human kidney tissue
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48871 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay: 1:312500
FunctionReceptor for ATP that acts as a ligand-gated ion channel. Responsible for ATP-dependent lysis of macrophages through the formation of membrane pores permeable to large molecules. Could function in both fast synaptic transmission and the ATP-mediated lysis of antigen-presenting cells.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed with highest levels in brain and immune tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the P2X receptor family.
modificationsPhosphorylation results in its inactivation.
ADP-ribosylation at Arg-125 is necessary and sufficient to activate P2RX7 and gate the channel.
Palmitoylation of several cysteines in the C-terminal cytoplasmic tail is required for efficient localization to cell surface.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ATP receptor antibody
- P2rx7 antibody
- P2RX7_HUMAN antibody
Anti-P2X7 antibody (ab48871) at 1.25 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 31 kDa
Observed band size: 31 kDa
Antibody diluted in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer; Gel concentration 12%
Ab48871 at 4.0µg/ml staining paraffin embedded human kidney. Magnification x400. Arrows indicate staining of epithelial cells of renal tubule.
ab48871 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Ma H et al. Osteoarthritis is Prevented in Rats by Verbascoside via Nuclear Factor kappa B (NF-?B) Pathway Downregulation. Med Sci Monit 26:e921276 (2020). PubMed: 32249762
- Calik I et al. A promising independent prognostic biomarker in colorectal cancer: P2X7 receptor. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 13:107-121 (2020). PubMed: 32211091
- Lili W et al. Highlight Article: P2RX7 functions as a putative biomarker of gastric cancer and contributes to worse prognosis. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 244:734-742 (2019). PubMed: 31042071
- Song P et al. Increased expression of the P2X7 receptor in temporal lobe epilepsy: Animal models and clinical evidence. Mol Med Rep 19:5433-5439 (2019). PubMed: 31059094
- Xu XY et al. Role of the P2X7 receptor in inflammation-mediated changes in the osteogenesis of periodontal ligament stem cells. Cell Death Dis 10:20 (2019). PubMed: 30622236