Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [M139] to p38 (phospho T180 + Y182)
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-p38 (phospho T180 + Y182) antibody [M139]
See all p38 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [M139] to p38 (phospho T180 + Y182)
SpecificityThis antibody detects a 42 kDa protein corresponding to the apparent molecular mass of p38a. This peptide sequence is highly conserved in the p38ß,g, and d MAPKs, and is identical in human and mouse p38a.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat p38 (phospho T180 + Y182) conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH). Clone M139 was generated from a phospho-p38α (Thr-180/Tyr-182) synthetic peptide (coupled to KLH) corresponding to amino acid residues around threonine 180 and tyrosine 182 of rat p38α.
- Pervanadate treated human Jurkat and A431 cells and anisomycin treated human HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesMouse monoclonal purified with protein A chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45381 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
FunctionResponds to activation by environmental stress, pro-inflammatory cytokines and lipopolysaccharide (LPS) by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors, such as ELK1 and ATF2 and several downstream kinases, such as MAPKAPK2 and MAPKAPK5. Plays a critical role in the production of some cytokines, for example IL-6. May play a role in stabilization of EPO mRNA during hypoxic stress. Isoform Mxi2 activation is stimulated by mitogens and oxidative stress and only poorly phosphorylates ELK1 and ATF2. Isoform Exip may play a role in the early onset of apoptosis.
Tissue specificityBrain, heart, placenta, pancreas and skeletal muscle. Expressed to a lesser extent in lung, liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-180 and Tyr-182, which activates the enzyme.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- CSAID Binding Protein 1 antibody
- CSAID binding protein antibody
- CSAID-binding protein antibody
Serum starved HepG2 cells were incubated at 37°C for 30 minutes with vehicle control (0 μM) and different concentrations of (±)-naringenin (ab120958). Increased expression of p38 (phospho T180 + Y182) (
Whole cell lysates were prepared with RIPA buffer (containing protease inhibitors and sodium orthovanadate), 10μg of each were loaded on the gel and the WB was run under reducing conditions. After transfer the membrane was blocked for an hour using 5% BSA before being incubated with
μg /ml and ab8227 at 1/1000 dilution overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-mouse antibody conjugated to HRP (ab97040) at 1/10000 and visualised using ECL development solution.
All lanes : Anti-p38 (phospho T180 + Y182) antibody [M139] (ab45381) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cells serum starved overnight
Lane 2 : A431 cells treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 minutes
Lane 3 : A431 cells treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 minutes with No peptide
Lane 4 : A431 cells treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 minutes with phospho-ERK1 (T202/Y204) peptide
Lane 5 : A431 cells treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 minutes with phoshpo-p38 (T180/Y182) peptide
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of pervanadate treated mouse C2C12 cells, staining p38 (phospho T180 + Y182) with ab45381 at 1/250 dilution. Cy3-conjugated anti-mouse IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab45381 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Qi S et al. P38 MAPK signaling pathway mediates COM crystal-induced crystal adhesion change in rat renal tubular epithelial cells. Urolithiasis 48:9-18 (2020). PubMed: 31183507
- Cao YX et al. A Novel Chinese Medicine, Xinfeng Capsule, Modulates Proinflammatory Cytokines via Regulating the Toll-Like Receptor 4 (TLR4)/Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase (MAPK)/Nuclear Kappa B (NF-?B) Signaling Pathway in an Adjuvant Arthritis Rat Model. Med Sci Monit 25:6767-6774 (2019). PubMed: 31495827
- Atkinson KF et al. The Role of the Primary Cilium in Sensing Extracellular pH. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31336778
- Gao Y et al. Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle-mediated expression of miR-326 inhibits human endometrial carcinoma stem cell growth. Int J Nanomedicine 14:2719-2731 (2019). PubMed: 31114192
- Zhang Q & Zhang XF Hyperoside decreases the apoptosis and autophagy rates of osteoblast MC3T3-E1 cells by regulating TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis and the p38mitogen activated protein kinase pathway. Mol Med Rep N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30387825