Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to p38 (phospho Y182)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-p38 (phospho Y182) antibody
See all p38 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to p38 (phospho Y182)
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of P38 MAPK only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 182.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human P38 MAPK around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 182 (T-G-YP-V-A)
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47363 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionResponds to activation by environmental stress, pro-inflammatory cytokines and lipopolysaccharide (LPS) by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors, such as ELK1 and ATF2 and several downstream kinases, such as MAPKAPK2 and MAPKAPK5. Plays a critical role in the production of some cytokines, for example IL-6. May play a role in stabilization of EPO mRNA during hypoxic stress. Isoform Mxi2 activation is stimulated by mitogens and oxidative stress and only poorly phosphorylates ELK1 and ATF2. Isoform Exip may play a role in the early onset of apoptosis.
Tissue specificityBrain, heart, placenta, pancreas and skeletal muscle. Expressed to a lesser extent in lung, liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-180 and Tyr-182, which activates the enzyme.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- CSAID Binding Protein 1 antibody
- CSAID binding protein antibody
- CSAID-binding protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-p38 (phospho Y182) antibody (ab47363)
Lane 1 : K562 cells, treated with UV
Lane 2 : K562 cells, untreated
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma tissue using ab47363. Left hand image without immunising peptide; right hand image with immunising peptide.
ab47363 has been referenced in 75 publications.
- Jiang L et al. Inhibition of microRNA-103 attenuates inflammation and endoplasmic reticulum stress in atherosclerosis through disrupting the PTEN-mediated MAPK signaling. J Cell Physiol 235:380-393 (2020). PubMed: 31232476
- Li Y et al. LncRNA-LET relieves hypoxia-induced injury in H9c2 cells through regulation of miR-138. J Cell Biochem 121:259-268 (2020). PubMed: 31222827
- Gan X et al. Role of miR-92a-3p, oxidative stress, and p38MAPK/NF-?B pathway in rats with central venous catheter related thrombosis. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 20:150 (2020). PubMed: 32228467
- Fan H et al. MsrA Suppresses Inflammatory Activation of Microglia and Oxidative Stress to Prevent Demyelination via Inhibition of the NOX2-MAPKs/NF-?B Signaling Pathway. Drug Des Devel Ther 14:1377-1389 (2020). PubMed: 32308370
- Yuan L et al. Long non-coding RNA H19 protects H9c2 cells against hypoxia-induced injury by activating the PI3K/AKT and ERK/p38 pathways. Mol Med Rep 21:1709-1716 (2020). PubMed: 32319634