Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5074] to p39
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-p39 antibody [EPR5074]
See all p39 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5074] to p39
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within p39. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human brain tissue; Human fetal brain, Mouse brain, Rat brain and SH-SY5Y lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124896 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionActivator of CDK5/TPKII.
Tissue specificityBrain and neuron specific.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin-dependent kinase 5 activator family.
- Information by UniProt
- CD5R2_HUMAN antibody
- CDK5 activator 2 antibody
- Cdk5r2 antibody
ab124896, at 1/100 dilution, staining p39 in Paraffin-embedded Human Brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
All lanes : Anti-p39 antibody [EPR5074] (ab124896) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal brain lysate
Lane 2 : SH-SY5Y lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse brain lysate
Lane 4 : Rat brain lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
ab124896 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Pérez-Morales J et al. Hyper-phosphorylation of Rb S249 together with CDK5R2/p39 overexpression are associated with impaired cell adhesion and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition: Implications as a potential lung cancer grading and staging biomarker. PLoS One 13:e0207483 (2018). PubMed: 30452490