Product nameAnti-p40 - DeltaNp63 antibody [BC28]
See all p40 - DeltaNp63 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BC28] to p40 - DeltaNp63
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
- IHC-P: Human lung squamous cell carcinoma.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 20/07/17. The following lots are from ascites and are still in stock as of [20/07/17] – [GR311007, GR322490]. Lot numbers higher than [GR322490] will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 6.00
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: bovine serum albumin
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab172731 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
RelevanceDifferentiating between lung adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma is an important distinction with therapeutic implications. Although the most frequently recommended squamous marker p63 is extremely sensitive, it suffers from low specificity due to its reactivity in a substantial proportion of lung adenocarcinomas and other tumor types, particularly lymphomas. p40 is a relatively unknown marker that recognizes ?Np63-a p63 isoform suggested to be highly specific for squamous/basal cells. p40 is equivalent to p63 in sensitivity for squamous cell carcinoma, but it is markedly superior to p63 in specificity, which eliminates a potential pitfall of misinterpreting a p63-positive adenocarcinoma or unsuspected lymphoma as squamous cell carcinoma. These findings strongly support the routine use of p40 in place of p63 for the diagnosis of pulmonary squamous cell carcinoma.
- SwissProt: Q9H3D4 Human
- 40 kDa Rab9 effector protein antibody
- 8430412M01Rik antibody
- 9530020d24rik antibody
ab172731 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Ohashi-Nakatani K et al. Primary pulmonary meningioma: A rare case report of aspiration cytological features and immunohistochemical assessment. Diagn Cytopathol 47:330-333 (2019). PubMed: 30548187
- Affandi KA et al. p40 Immunohistochemistry Is an Excellent Marker in Primary Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma. J Pathol Transl Med 52:283-289 (2018). PubMed: 30235512
- Parsons CLM et al. Technical note: p40 antibody as a replacement for p63 antibody in bovine mammary immunohistochemistry. J Dairy Sci 101:7614-7617 (2018). IHC ; Cow . PubMed: 29729907