Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to p400
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-p400 antibody
See all p400 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to p400
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between C terminal residues 3075 and 3124 of human p400
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab70301 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to p400 immobilized on solid support.
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70301 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 470 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 344 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2 µg/mg of lysate.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionComponent of the NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complex which is involved in transcriptional activation of select genes principally by acetylation of nucleosomal histones H4 and H2A. This modification may both alter nucleosome - DNA interactions and promote interaction of the modified histones with other proteins which positively regulate transcription. May be required for transcriptional activation of E2F1 and MYC target genes during cellular proliferation. The NuA4 complex ATPase and helicase activities seem to be, at least in part, contributed by the association of RUVBL1 and RUVBL2 with EP400. May regulate ZNF42 transcription activity.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SNF2/RAD54 helicase family. SWR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 HSA domain.
Contains 1 Myb-like domain.
- Information by UniProt
- CAG repeat protein 32 antibody
- CAGH 32 antibody
- CAGH32 antibody
All lanes : Anti-p400 antibody (ab70301) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Predicted band size: 344 kDa
Observed band size: 470 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Detection of Human p400 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate. Lane 1: Irrelevant antibody used for precipitation. Lane 2: ab70301 at 0.04µg/ml staining p400 in HeLa whole cell lysates immunoprecipitated using ab70301 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 1/4 of IP loaded/lane). Lane 3: Control IgG used for precipitation. Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time 10 seconds.
ab70301 (1/200) staining p400 in asynchronous HeLa cells (green). Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized using 0.5% Triton X-100/PBS and counterstained with DAPI in order to highlight the nucleus (red). For further experimental details please refer to Abreview.
ICC/IF image of ab70301 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70301, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab70301 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Moen MJ et al. An interaction network of mental disorder proteins in neural stem cells. Transl Psychiatry 7:e1082 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28375211
- Pradhan SK et al. EP400 Deposits H3.3 into Promoters and Enhancers during Gene Activation. Mol Cell 61:27-38 (2016). PubMed: 26669263
- Pérez-García V et al. Cell activation-induced phosphoinositide 3-kinase alpha/beta dimerization regulates PTEN activity. Mol Cell Biol 34:3359-73 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24958106
- Bellucci L et al. Activation of p21 by HDAC inhibitors requires acetylation of H2A.Z. PLoS One 8:e54102 (2013). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 23349794
- Mattera L et al. The E1A-associated p400 protein modulates cell fate decisions by the regulation of ROS homeostasis. PLoS Genet 6: (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20548951
- Kim J et al. A Myc network accounts for similarities between embryonic stem and cancer cell transcription programs. Cell 143:313-24 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20946988
- Young AP et al. VHL loss actuates a HIF-independent senescence programme mediated by Rb and p400. Nat Cell Biol 10:361-9 (2008). PubMed: 18297059