Product nameAnti-P4HB antibody
See all P4HB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to P4HB
SpecificityRecognizes endogenous levels of total P4HB.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Monkey
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, derived from the sequence around Proline 329 of Human P4HB
- Human formalin fixed paraffin embedded samples: Pancreatic exocrine cells, Lung macrophages, type 2 pneumocytes, Hepatocytes, Renal tubules, Placenta trophoblasts. Small intestine tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.50
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.238% HEPES
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85564 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. We can recommend to use pH 6.0 citrate buffer.|
Methanol permeabilization is recommended.
FunctionThis multifunctional protein catalyzes the formation, breakage and rearrangement of disulfide bonds. At the cell surface, seems to act as a reductase that cleaves disulfide bonds of proteins attached to the cell. May therefore cause structural modifications of exofacial proteins. Inside the cell, seems to form/rearrange disulfide bonds of nascent proteins. At high concentrations, functions as a chaperone that inhibits aggregation of misfolded proteins. At low concentrations, facilitates aggregation (anti-chaperone activity). May be involved with other chaperones in the structural modification of the TG precursor in hormone biogenesis. Also acts a structural subunit of various enzymes such as prolyl 4-hydroxylase and microsomal triacylglycerol transfer protein MTTP.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein disulfide isomerase family.
Contains 2 thioredoxin domains.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Melanosome. Cell membrane. Highly abundant. In some cell types, seems to be also secreted or associated with the plasma membrane, where it undergoes constant shedding and replacement from intracellular sources (Probable). Localizes near CD4-enriched regions on lymphoid cell surfaces. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Cellular thyroid hormone binding protein antibody
- Cellular thyroid hormone-binding protein antibody
- Collagen prolyl 4 hydroxylase beta antibody
ab85564 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Wei X et al. Development of a Janus Kinase Inhibitor Prodrug for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Mol Pharm 15:3456-3467 (2018). PubMed: 29966420
- Hofmann U et al. Activation of CD4+ T lymphocytes improves wound healing and survival after experimental myocardial infarction in mice. Circulation 125:1652-63 (2012). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 22388323
- Koga K et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor provides cardioprotection during ischemia/reperfusion by reducing oxidative stress. Antioxid Redox Signal 14:1191-202 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20831446