Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR14956] to P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK - N-terminal
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK antibody [EPR14956] - N-terminal
See all P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR14956] to P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK - N-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK aa 1-150 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9UBS0
- Human fetal liver lysate, Jurkat and K562 cell lysates, Human pancreas tissue. HeLa cells.
Previously labelled as P70 S6 Kinase beta.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 59% PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab184551 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPhosphorylates specifically ribosomal protein S6.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. S6 kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- 70 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 2 antibody
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
- KS6B2_HUMAN antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: RPS6KB2 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: Jurkat whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab184551 observed at 53 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab184551 was shown to specifically react with P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK in wild-type HAP1 cells. No band was observed when RPS6KB2 knockout samples were used. Wild-type and RPS6KB2 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab184551 and ab8245 (Mouse anti GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/1000 dilution and 1/10,000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/20,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Flow cytometry analysis of 2% paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa cells labeling P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK using ab184551 at a 1/100 dilution (red) or a Rabbit monoclonal IgG (green). Goat anti rabbit IgG (FITC) secondary at a 1/150 dilution
Immunofluorescent staining of 4% paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa cells labeling P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK using ab184551 at a 1/250 dilution and a Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) secondary at a 1/200 dilution (green) costained with Dapi (blue).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human pancreas labeling P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK using ab184551 at a 1/50 dilution, counterstained with Hematoxylin.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
All lanes : Anti-P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK antibody [EPR14956] - N-terminal (ab184551) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : K562 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
Anti-P70 S6 Kinase beta/SRK antibody [EPR14956] - N-terminal (ab184551) at 1/10000 dilution + Human fetal liver lysate at 10 µg
Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
ab184551 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liu Y et al. The overexpression of Rab9 promotes tumor progression regulated by XBP1 in breast cancer. Onco Targets Ther 12:1815-1824 (2019). PubMed: 30881034
- Li J et al. miR-451 Silencing Inhibited Doxorubicin Exposure-Induced Cardiotoxicity in Mice. Biomed Res Int 2019:1528278 (2019). PubMed: 31355248
- Guo Z et al. mTORC2 Regulates Lipogenic Gene Expression through PPAR? to Control Lipid Synthesis in Bovine Mammary Epithelial Cells. Biomed Res Int 2019:5196028 (2019). PubMed: 31223619
- Liu B et al. miR-96-5p promotes the proliferation and migration of ovarian cancer cells by suppressing Caveolae1. J Ovarian Res 12:57 (2019). PubMed: 31228941