Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to p73
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-p73 antibody
See all p73 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to p73
SpecificityThe antibody is not expected to react with deltaNp73.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, African green monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human p73 aa 1-62. The epitope is found in isoforms alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, and kappa of human p73.
Database link: O15350
General notesCentrifuge tube to remove product from lid. This antibody has ben tested in ChIP at an inducible promotor held on a vector. There was very siginifant enrichment following induction at the locus analysed. This antibody works well in ChIP in this assay.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibody was purified using an epitope specific to p73 immobilized on solid support.
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14430 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2500 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionParticipates in the apoptotic response to DNA damage. Isoforms containing the transactivation domain are pro-apoptotic, isoforms lacking the domain are anti-apoptotic and block the function of p53 and transactivating p73 isoforms. May be a tumor suppressor protein.
Tissue specificityExpressed in striatal neurons of patients with Huntington disease (at protein level). Brain, kidney, placenta, colon, heart, liver, spleen, skeletal muscle, prostate, thymus and pancreas. Highly expressed in fetal tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the p53 family.
Contains 1 SAM (sterile alpha motif) domain.
DomainPossesses an acidic transactivation domain, a central DNA binding domain and a C-terminal oligomerization domain that binds to the ABL tyrosine kinase SH3 domain.
The WW-binding motif mediates interaction with WWOX.
modificationsIsoform alpha (but not isoform beta) is sumoylated on Lys-627, which potentiates proteasomal degradation but does not affect transcriptional activity.
Higher levels of phosphorylation seen in the brain from patients with Huntington disease.
Ubiquitinated; leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Accumulates in the nucleus in response to DNA damage.
- Information by UniProt
- p53 like transcription factor antibody
- p53 related protein antibody
- p53-like transcription factor antibody
ab14430 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Cai BH et al. Synergistic activation of the NEU4 promoter by p73 and AP2 in colon cancer cells. Sci Rep 9:950 (2019). PubMed: 30700826
- Sharif T et al. TAp73 Modifies Metabolism and Positively Regulates Growth of Cancer Stem-Like Cells in a Redox-Sensitive Manner. Clin Cancer Res 25:2001-2017 (2019). PubMed: 30593514
- Yao Z et al. DNA Methylation Activates TP73 Expression in Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Gastrointestinal Cancer. Sci Rep 9:19367 (2019). PubMed: 31852961
- Pallavicini G et al. Inactivation of Citron Kinase Inhibits Medulloblastoma Progression by Inducing Apoptosis and Cell Senescence. Cancer Res 78:4599-4612 (2018). PubMed: 29921697
- Wu M et al. Association between TAp73, p53 and VASH1 expression in lung adenocarcinoma. Oncol Lett 15:5175-5180 (2018). PubMed: 29552154