Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MC-192] to p75 NGF Receptor
- Suitable for: ICC
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-p75 NGF Receptor antibody [MC-192]
See all p75 NGF Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MC-192] to p75 NGF Receptor
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species ICCRat
Rat PC-12 cells.
- This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: PC12.
A well characterised and versatile monoclonal antibody, clone number MC-192, that is of central importance in the study of LANGF (p75-NGF) receptor.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesA well characterised and versatile monoclonal antibody, clone number MC-192, that is of central importance in the study of LANGF (p75-NGF) receptor.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6172 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionLow affinity receptor which can bind to NGF, BDNF, NT-3, and NT-4. Can mediate cell survival as well as cell death of neural cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 death domain.
Contains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
DomainDeath domain is responsible for interaction with RANBP9.
The extracellular domain is responsible for interaction with NTRK1.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
O-linked glycans consist of Gal(1-3)GalNAc core elongated by 1 or 2 NeuNAc.
Phosphorylated on serine residues.
- Information by UniProt
- CD271 antibody
- CD271 antigen antibody
- Gp80 LNGFR antibody
ab6172 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab6172 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- mouse (ab96879) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab6172 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Niapour N et al. An efficient system for selection and culture of Schwann cells from adult rat peripheral nerves. Cytotechnology 68:629-36 (2016). PubMed: 25680695
- Nelson AR et al. Noradrenergic sympathetic sprouting and cholinergic reinnervation maintains non-amyloidogenic processing of AßPP. J Alzheimers Dis 38:867-79 (2014). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 24081376
- Barres BA Designing and troubleshooting immunopanning protocols for purifying neural cells. Cold Spring Harb Protoc 2014:1342-7 (2014). PubMed: 25447277
- Eleftheriadou I et al. Specific retrograde transduction of spinal motor neurons using lentiviral vectors targeted to presynaptic NMJ receptors. Mol Ther 22:1285-98 (2014). PubMed: 24670531
- Masaeli E et al. Fabrication, characterization and cellular compatibility of poly(hydroxy alkanoate) composite nanofibrous scaffolds for nerve tissue engineering. PLoS One 8:e57157 (2013). IF . PubMed: 23468923
- Graber DJ & Harris BT Purification and culture of spinal motor neurons from rat embryos. Cold Spring Harb Protoc 2013:319-26 (2013). PubMed: 23547162
- Song W et al. Mutant SOD1G93A triggers mitochondrial fragmentation in spinal cord motor neurons: neuroprotection by SIRT3 and PGC-1a. Neurobiol Dis 51:72-81 (2013). PubMed: 22819776
- Niapour A et al. Cotransplantation of human embryonic stem cell-derived neural progenitors and schwann cells in a rat spinal cord contusion injury model elicits a distinct neurogenesis and functional recovery. Cell Transplant 21:827-43 (2012). PubMed: 21944670
- Niapour A et al. Novel method to obtain highly enriched cultures of adult rat Schwann cells. Biotechnol Lett 32:781-6 (2010). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 20213527
- Chandler CE et al. A monoclonal antibody modulates the interaction of nerve growth factor with PC12 cells. J Biol Chem 259:6882-9 (1984). PubMed: 6327698