Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [NGFR5] to p75 NGF Receptor
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human, Ferret, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-p75 NGF Receptor antibody [NGFR5]
See all p75 NGF Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [NGFR5] to p75 NGF Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Ferret, Monkey
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Cat, BaboonDoes not react with: Mouse, Rat
NGFR from A875 melanoma cells.
EpitopeAmino acids 1 - 160.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor antibody [NGFR5], prediluted (PE) (ab157333)
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor antibody [NGFR5], prediluted (APC) (ab176522)
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor antibody [NGFR5] - BSA and Azide free (ab212682)
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor antibody [NGFR5] (PE/Cy7®) (ab234270)
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor antibody [NGFR5] (PerCP/Cy5.5®) (ab234446)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3125 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionLow affinity receptor which can bind to NGF, BDNF, NT-3, and NT-4. Can mediate cell survival as well as cell death of neural cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 death domain.
Contains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
DomainDeath domain is responsible for interaction with RANBP9.
The extracellular domain is responsible for interaction with NTRK1.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
O-linked glycans consist of Gal(1-3)GalNAc core elongated by 1 or 2 NeuNAc.
Phosphorylated on serine residues.
- Information by UniProt
- CD271 antibody
- CD271 antigen antibody
- Gp80 LNGFR antibody
ICC/IF image of ab3125 stained PC-12 (Rat adrenal gland pheochromocytoma cell line) cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3125, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab3125 staining p75 NGF Receptor in human melanoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed in formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using Tris EDTA pH 9.0. Samples were then permeabilized using 0.25% Triton X-100, blocked for 1 hour at room temperature and then incubated with ab3125 at a 1/100 dilution for 18 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an Alexa-Fluor 594 (red) conjugated donkey anti-mouse polyclonal used at a 1/100 dilution. (Green) tumor cells, (blue) DAPI.
ab3125 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Du Y et al. Intracellular Notch1 Signaling in Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Dictates the Plasticity and Stemness of Melanoma Stem/Initiating Cells. Stem Cells 37:865-875 (2019). PubMed: 30941836
- Rice FL et al. The evolution and multi-molecular properties of NF1 cutaneous neurofibromas originating from C-fiber sensory endings and terminal Schwann cells at normal sites of sensory terminations in the skin. PLoS One 14:e0216527 (2019). PubMed: 31107888
- Foerster Y et al. Relevance of Neurotrophin Receptors CD271 and TrkC for Prognosis, Migration, and Proliferation in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31569361
- Brokhman I et al. Dual embryonic origin of the mammalian enteric nervous system. Dev Biol 445:256-270 (2019). PubMed: 30472119
- Li Y et al. ROCK Inhibitor Y27632 Induced Morphological Shift and Enhanced Neurite Outgrowth-Promoting Property of Olfactory Ensheathing Cells via YAP-Dependent Up-Regulation of L1-CAM. Front Cell Neurosci 12:489 (2018). PubMed: 30618636