Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8320] to PACE4
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-PACE4 antibody [EPR8320]
See all PACE4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8320] to PACE4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human PACE4 aa 200-300. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900); HeLa cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab151562 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 106 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionLikely to represent an endoprotease activity within the constitutive secretory pathway, with unique restricted distribution in both neuroendocrine and non-neuroendocrine tissues and capable of cleavage at the RX(K/R)R consensus motif.
Tissue specificityEach PACE4 isoform exhibits a unique restricted distribution. Isoform PACE4A-I is expressed in heart, brain, placenta, lung, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, but at comparatively higher levels in the liver. Isoform PACE4A-II is at least expressed in placenta. Isoform PACE4B was only found in the embryonic kidney cell line from which it was isolated. Isoform PACE4C and isoform PACE4D are expressed in placenta. Isoform PACE4E-I is expressed in cerebellum, placenta and pituitary. Isoform PACE4E-II is at least present in cerebellum.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S8 family.
Contains 1 homo B/P domain.
Contains 1 PLAC domain.
DomainThe propeptide domain acts as an intramolecular chaperone assisting the folding of the zymogen within the endoplasmic reticulum. Isoform PACE4D lacks the propeptide domain.
Cellular localizationSecreted; Endomembrane system. Retained intracellularly probably through a hydrophobic cluster in their C-terminus and Endoplasmic reticulum. Not secreted, remains probably in zymogen form in endoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- Paired basic amino acid cleaving enzyme 4 antibody
- Paired basic amino acid cleaving system 4 antibody
- PCSK6 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PACE4 antibody [EPR8320] (ab151562) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 106 kDa
ab151562 staining HeLa cells by ICC/IF. The cells were fixed with methanol. The cells were then stained with ab151562 at 1/200 in PBS for 1h at 22°C. An Alexa Fluro 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody at 1/200 was used as the secondary antibody. ab151562 produces a focal staining pattern that is enriched within the cytoplasm.
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized HeLa cells labeling PACE4 with ab151562 at 1/100 dilution (red), compared to a Rabbit IgG control antibody (green).
ab151562 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Abassi Z et al. Aberrant corin and PCSK6 in placentas of the maternal hyperinsulinemia IUGR rat model. Pregnancy Hypertens 21:70-76 (2020). PubMed: 32442927
- Chen S et al. Functional analysis of corin protein domains required for PCSK6-mediated activation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 94:31-39 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29180304
- Li JJ et al. Growth Differentiation Factor 15 Maturation Requires Proteolytic Cleavage by PCSK3, -5, and -6. Mol Cell Biol 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30104250
- Tian XF et al. PACE4 regulates apoptosis in human pancreatic cancer Panc-1 cells via the mitochondrial signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 14:5205-5210 (2016). PubMed: 27779720
- Chen S et al. PCSK6-mediated corin activation is essential for normal blood pressure. Nat Med 21:1048-53 (2015). PubMed: 26259032