Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PACS1
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PACS1 antibody
See all PACS1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PACS1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to C terminal residues of human PACS1 (Phosphofurin acidic cluster sorting protein 1)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified by antigen specific affinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab56072 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml for 2hrs. Predicted molecular weight: 105 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionCoat protein that is involved in the localization of trans-Golgi network (TGN) membrane proteins that contain acidic cluster sorting motifs. Controls the endosome-to-Golgi trafficking of furin and mannose-6-phosphate receptor by connecting the acidic-cluster-containing cytoplasmic domain of these molecules with the adapter-protein complex-1 (AP-1) of endosomal clathrin-coated membrane pits. Involved in HIV-1 nef-mediated removal of MHC-I from the cell surface to the TGN.
Involvement in diseaseMental retardation, autosomal dominant 17
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PACS family.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus, trans-Golgi network. Localizes in the perinuclear region, probably the TGN.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytosolic sorting protein PACS1 antibody
- PACS 1 antibody
- PACS-1 antibody
ab56072 used in Western Blot.
Approximately 2 × 106 (HeLa or Jurkat) cells were disrupted in 0.5 ml of lysis buffer, and initially 50 µl of 15,000 × g supernatants were immunoblotted for actin. After adjusting the volume to constant actin values, the indicated vesicular or adapter proteins were detected by immunoblotting extracts of cells treated with the siRNAs listed below the respective blots.
ab56072 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Budhiraja S et al. Mining the human complexome database identifies RBM14 as an XPO1-associated protein involved in HIV-1 Rev function. J Virol 89:3557-67 (2015). PubMed: 25589658
- Werneburg NW et al. Tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis inducing ligand (TRAIL) induced lysosomal translocation of proapoptotic effectors is mediated by phosphofurin acidic cluster sorting protein-2 (PACS-2). J Biol Chem : (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22645134
- Yi L et al. HIV-1 Nef binds a subpopulation of MHC-I throughout its trafficking itinerary and down-regulates MHC-I by perturbing both anterograde and retrograde trafficking. J Biol Chem 285:30884-905 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20622010