Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to PAEP/Glycodelin
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-PAEP/Glycodelin antibody 
See all PAEP/Glycodelin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to PAEP/Glycodelin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human PAEP/Glycodelin.
Previously labelled as Placental Protein 14 / Glycodelin A.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17247 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionThis protein is, quantitatively, the main protein synthesized and secreted in the endometrium from mid-luteal phase of the menstrual cycle and during the first semester of pregnancy.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
modificationsAt least two differentially glycosylated forms are found. Glycodelin-A (GdA) (amniotic fluid) with contraceptive and immunosuppressive activities and glycodelin-S (Gds) (seminal plasma) whose role is not yet known. The gender-specific glycosylation may serve to regulate key process involved in human reproduction.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha uterine protein antibody
- gD antibody
- GdA antibody
ab17247 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wang Y et al. Placental protein 14 as a potential biomarker for diagnosis of preterm premature rupture of membranes. Mol Med Rep 18:113-122 (2018). PubMed: 29749501
- Wang P et al. The Role of Placental Protein 14 in the Pathogenesis of Endometriosis. Reprod Sci N/A:N/A (2013). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 23670949
- Leach RE et al. High throughput, cell type-specific analysis of key proteins in human endometrial biopsies of women from fertile and infertile couples. Hum Reprod 27:814-828 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22215622
- Ye L et al. Generation of human female reproductive tract epithelium from human embryonic stem cells. PLoS One 6:e21136 (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 21698266
- Wei Q et al. Reduced expression of biomarkers associated with the implantation window in women with endometriosis. Fertil Steril 91:1686-91 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 18672236