Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PAF1/PD2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PAF1/PD2 antibody
See all PAF1/PD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PAF1/PD2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human PAF1/PD2 aa 232-481.
- Cal27 xenograft tissue, 293T, A431, H1299, HeLaS3, HepG2, Molt-4 and Raji cell lysates. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: T47D
Previously labelled as PAF1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137519 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol using 10mM Citrate buffer (pH6.0) or Tris-EDTA buffer (pH8.0).|
FunctionThe mammalian PAF1 complex is a multifunctional complex. The PAF1 complex interacts with RNA polymerase II and may be involved in both initiation and elongation, and in histone methylation and RNA processing. Has oncogenic activity in vivo and in vitro.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PAF1 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Punctuate distribution throughout the nucleus except in nucleoli and the perinuclear chromatin.
- Information by UniProt
- F23149 1 antibody
- FLJ11123 antibody
- hPAF1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PAF1/PD2 antibody (ab137519) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : H1299 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
7.5 % SDS PAGE
ICC/IF image of ab137519 stained T47D cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab137519 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Cal27 xenograft tissue labelling PAF1/PD2 using ab137519 at 1/500.
ab137519 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang M et al. A peptide encoded by circular form of LINC-PINT suppresses oncogenic transcriptional elongation in glioblastoma. Nat Commun 9:4475 (2018). PubMed: 30367041
- Herr P et al. A genome-wide IR-induced RAD51 foci RNAi screen identifies CDC73 involved in chromatin remodeling for DNA repair. Cell Discov 1:15034 (2015). Human . PubMed: 27462432
- Chen FX et al. PAF1, a Molecular Regulator of Promoter-Proximal Pausing by RNA Polymerase II. Cell 162:1003-15 (2015). PubMed: 26279188