Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PAI1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 6.60
Constituents: 0.82% Sodium phosphate, 0.0292% EDTA, 0.58% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesThis is an IgG purified fraction (purified by Protein A Sepharose).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28207 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionThis inhibitor acts as 'bait' for tissue plasminogen activator, urokinase, and protein C. Its rapid interaction with TPA may function as a major control point in the regulation of fibrinolysis.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma and platelets and in endothelial, hepatoma and fibrosarcoma cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SERPINE1 are the cause of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 deficiency (PAI-1D) [MIM:613329]. It is a hematologic disorder characterized by increased bleeding after trauma, injury, or surgery. Affected females have menorrhagia. The bleeding defect is due to increased fibrinolysis of fibrin blood clots due to deficiency of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, which inhibits tissue and urinary activators of plasminogen.
Note=High concentrations of SERPINE1 seem to contribute to the development of venous but not arterial occlusions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
modificationsInactivated by proteolytic attack of the urokinase-type (u-PA) and the tissue-type (TPA), cleaving the 369-Arg-
- Information by UniProt
- Clade E antibody
- Endothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor antibody
- Nexin antibody
ab28207 staining PAI1 in E18.5 mouse tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections). Subsequent to deparaffinization, the sections were hydrated, heated in 10mM citrate buffer (pH 6.0) and treated with 1% H2O2 in methanol for 10 min and blocked with 10% of normal serum. The primary antibody was incubated with sample at 4°C overnight.
ab28207 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Burchall GF et al. Expression of the plasminogen system in the physiological mouse ovary and in the pathological polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) state. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 17:33 (2019). PubMed: 30878040
- Bennett RE et al. Tau induces blood vessel abnormalities and angiogenesis-related gene expression in P301L transgenic mice and human Alzheimer's disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:E1289-E1298 (2018). PubMed: 29358399
- Magnussen SN et al. Cleavage of the urokinase receptor (uPAR) on oral cancer cells: regulation by transforming growth factor - ß1 (TGF-ß1) and potential effects on migration and invasion. BMC Cancer 17:350 (2017). PubMed: 28526008
- Schuetze KB et al. Overlapping and Divergent Actions of Structurally Distinct Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors in Cardiac Fibroblasts. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 361:140-150 (2017). PubMed: 28174211
- Alamo P et al. Higher metastatic efficiency of KRas G12V than KRas G13D in a colorectal cancer model. FASEB J 29:464-76 (2015). PubMed: 25359494