Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to PAI1
- Suitable for: Sandwich ELISA, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PAI1 antibody
See all PAI1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to PAI1
SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise both reported isoforms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Sandwich ELISA, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Dog, Chimpanzee
- Human duodenum, liver and lung lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31280 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 1.5 - 3 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 6 µg/ml.|
FunctionThis inhibitor acts as 'bait' for tissue plasminogen activator, urokinase, and protein C. Its rapid interaction with TPA may function as a major control point in the regulation of fibrinolysis.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma and platelets and in endothelial, hepatoma and fibrosarcoma cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SERPINE1 are the cause of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 deficiency (PAI-1D) [MIM:613329]. It is a hematologic disorder characterized by increased bleeding after trauma, injury, or surgery. Affected females have menorrhagia. The bleeding defect is due to increased fibrinolysis of fibrin blood clots due to deficiency of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, which inhibits tissue and urinary activators of plasminogen.
Note=High concentrations of SERPINE1 seem to contribute to the development of venous but not arterial occlusions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
modificationsInactivated by proteolytic attack of the urokinase-type (u-PA) and the tissue-type (TPA), cleaving the 369-Arg-
- Information by UniProt
- Clade E antibody
- Endothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor antibody
- Nexin antibody
Anti-PAI1 antibody (ab31280) at 0.1 µg/ml + Human Liver lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa
Primary incubation was 1 hour. Detected by chemiluminescence.
ab31280, at 1/1000, staining plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI1) in human MDA-MB-231 cells grown in mice by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Sections were paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked in 10% casein for 30 minutes at 22°C and then incubated with ab31280, for 17 hours at 4°C. Horse polyclonal to goat IgG, diluted 1/200, was used as the secondary antibody.
ab31280 (4µg/ml) staining of paraffin embedded Human Placenta shows strong staining of cytotrophoblasts. Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6, HRP-staining.
ab31280 (1.5ug/ml) used as the reporter with a capture rabbit antibody (2.5ug/ml).
ab31280 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chen Y et al. MiR145-5p inhibits proliferation of PMVECs via PAI-1 in experimental hepatopulmonary syndrome rat pulmonary microvascular hyperplasia. Biol Open 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31649116
- Tsuge M et al. SK-216, a Novel Inhibitor of Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1, Suppresses Lung Metastasis of Human Osteosarcoma. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29510576
- Hirahata M et al. PAI-1, a target gene of miR-143, regulates invasion and metastasis by upregulating MMP-13 expression of human osteosarcoma. Cancer Med 5:892-902 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26817521
- Falkenberg N et al. Secreted uPAR isoform 2 (uPAR7b) is a novel direct target of miR-221. Oncotarget 6:8103-14 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25797271
- Gillespie E et al. Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 is increased in colonic epithelial cells from patients with colitis-associated cancer. J Crohns Colitis 7:403-11 (2013). PubMed: 22921465
- Keates AC et al. Helicobacter pylori infection stimulates plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 production by gastric epithelial cells. Infect Immun 76:3992-9 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18519558