Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PAI1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-PAI1 antibody
See all PAI1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PAI1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Recombinant full length protein (Rat).
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7205 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionThis inhibitor acts as 'bait' for tissue plasminogen activator, urokinase, and protein C. Its rapid interaction with TPA may function as a major control point in the regulation of fibrinolysis.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma and platelets and in endothelial, hepatoma and fibrosarcoma cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SERPINE1 are the cause of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 deficiency (PAI-1D) [MIM:613329]. It is a hematologic disorder characterized by increased bleeding after trauma, injury, or surgery. Affected females have menorrhagia. The bleeding defect is due to increased fibrinolysis of fibrin blood clots due to deficiency of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, which inhibits tissue and urinary activators of plasminogen.
Note=High concentrations of SERPINE1 seem to contribute to the development of venous but not arterial occlusions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
modificationsInactivated by proteolytic attack of the urokinase-type (u-PA) and the tissue-type (TPA), cleaving the 369-Arg-
- Information by UniProt
- Clade E antibody
- Endothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor antibody
- Nexin antibody
ab7205 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Lv M et al. Decreased expression of microRNA-17 in hippocampal tissues and blood from mice with depression up-regulates the expression of PAI-1 mRNA and protein. Braz J Med Biol Res 53:e8826 (2020). PubMed: 32901686
- Mains RE et al. Changes in Corticotrope Gene Expression Upon Increased Expression of Peptidylglycine a-Amidating Monooxygenase. Endocrinology 159:2621-2639 (2018). PubMed: 29788427
- Li B et al. MicroRNA-30b protects myocardial cell function in patients with acute myocardial ischemia by targeting plasminogen activator inhibitor-1. Exp Ther Med 15:5125-5132 (2018). PubMed: 29805539
- Hornigold N & Mooney A Extracellular matrix-induced Hic-5 expression in glomerular mesangial cells leads to a prosclerotic phenotype independent of TGF-ß. FASEB J 29:4956-67 (2015). PubMed: 26405299
- Stefos GC et al. NGF upregulates the plasminogen activation inhibitor-1 in neurons via the Calcineurin/NFAT pathway and the down syndrome-related proteins DYRK1A and RCAN1 attenuate this effect. PLoS One 8:e67470 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23825664
- Abel B et al. N-terminal tyrosine phosphorylation of caveolin-2 negates anti-proliferative effect of transforming growth factor beta in endothelial cells. FEBS Lett 586:3317-23 (2012). PubMed: 22819829
- Artaza JN & Norris KC Vitamin D reduces the expression of collagen and key profibrotic factors by inducing an antifibrotic phenotype in mesenchymal multipotent cells. J Endocrinol 200:207-21 (2009). WB, ICC ; Mouse . PubMed: 19036760
- Artaza JN et al. Myostatin promotes a fibrotic phenotypic switch in multipotent C3H 10T1/2 cells without affecting their differentiation into myofibroblasts. J Endocrinol 196:235-49 (2008). PubMed: 18252947