Product nameAnti-PAIP2 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PAIP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Cow, Orangutan
- WB: HeLa, Jurkat, SH-SY5Y and HEK-293 whole cell lysate; Mouse lung, liver, kidney and brain tissue lysate. IHC-P: Human lung tissue. ICC/IF: HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.03% Proclin
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurity greater than 95%.
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
- Mouse lung normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29297)
- Mouse liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29301)
- Mouse kidney normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29305)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab29545)
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab30128)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab30151)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab4022)
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
- HEK293 whole cell lysate (ab7902)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab237803 in the following tested applications.
|IHC-P||1/20 - 1/200.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/200.|
FunctionActs as a repressor in the regulation of translation initiation of poly(A)-containing mRNAs. Its inhibitory activity on translation is mediated via its action on PABPC1. Displaces the interaction of PABPC1 with poly(A) RNA and competes with PAIP1 for binding to PABPC1. Its association with PABPC1 results in disruption of the cytoplasmic poly(A) RNP structure organization.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PAIP2 family.
DomainOnly the PABPC1-interacting motif-1 (PAM1) interferes with the binding of PABPC1 to poly(A) RNA and translation initiation.
- Information by UniProt
- PABP-interacting protein 2 antibody
- PAIP-2 antibody
- PAIP2 antibody
Paraffin-embedded human lung tissue stained for PAIP2 using ab237803 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells stained for PAIP2 (green) using ab237803 at 1/100 dilution in ICC/IF, followed by Alexa Fluor® 488-congugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) secondary antibody.
All lanes : Anti-PAIP2 antibody (ab237803) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : SH-SY5Y (human neuroblastoma cell line from bone marrow) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HEK-293 (human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : Mouse lung tissue lysate
Lane 6 : Mouse liver tissue lysate
Lane 7 : Mouse kidney tissue lysate
Lane 8 : Mouse brain tissue lysate
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
ab237803 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.