Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PAK1 (phospho T212)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PAK1 (phospho T212) antibody
See all PAK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PAK1 (phospho T212)
Specificityab75599 detects endogenous levels of PAK1 only when phosphorylated at threonine 212.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human PAK1 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 212 (P-V-TP-P-T).
- Extracts from 293 cells treated with forskolin (40µM, 30min). Human breast carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab75599 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against the non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75599 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionThe activated kinase acts on a variety of targets. Likely to be the GTPase effector that links the Rho-related GTPases to the JNK MAP kinase pathway. Activated by CDC42 and RAC1. Involved in dissolution of stress fibers and reorganization of focal complexes. Involved in regulation of microtubule biogenesis through phosphorylation of TBCB. Activity is inhibited in cells undergoing apoptosis, potentially due to binding of CDC2L1 and CDC2L2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. STE20 subfamily.
Contains 1 CRIB domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated when activated by CDC42/p21 and RAC1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell junction > focal adhesion. Recruited to focal adhesions upon activation.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha PAK antibody
- Alpha-PAK antibody
- MGC130000 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PAK1 (phospho T212) antibody (ab75599) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells (untreated)
Lane 2 : Extracts from 293 cells treated with forskolin (40µM, 30min),
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 65 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab75599, at 1/50 dilution, in the absence (left panel) and presence (right panel) of the immunising phosphopeptide.
ab75599 at 1/100 dilution staining PAK1 (phospho T212) in Hela cells by ICC/IF (MeOH fixation).
ab75599 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhu M et al. Lentiviral-mediated ephrin B2 gene modification of rat bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. J Int Med Res 47:3282-3298 (2019). PubMed: 31122164
- Grebenová D et al. PAK1, PAK1?15, and PAK2: similarities, differences and mutual interactions. Sci Rep 9:17171 (2019). PubMed: 31748572
- Li H & Chen C Quercetin Has Antimetastatic Effects on Gastric Cancer Cells via the Interruption of uPA/uPAR Function by Modulating NF-?b, PKC-d, ERK1/2, and AMPKa. Integr Cancer Ther 17:511-523 (2018). PubMed: 28627240
- Xu J et al. Kalirin-7 plays a neuroprotective role in Neuro-2A cells injured by oxygen-glucose deprivation and reperfusion through Rac1 activation. Iran J Basic Med Sci 21:992-997 (2018). PubMed: 30524671
- Wang Z et al. Clinicopathological signature of p21-activated kinase 1 in prostate cancer and its regulation of proliferation and autophagy via the mTOR signaling pathway. Oncotarget 8:22563-22580 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28186966
- Feng Y et al. Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Prevents the Development of Preeclampsia Through Suppression of Oxidative Stress. Front Physiol 7:176 (2016). PubMed: 27303303
- El-Baba C et al. Thymoquinone-induced conformational changes of PAK1 interrupt prosurvival MEK-ERK signaling in colorectal cancer. Mol Cancer 13:201 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25174975