Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PAK4
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PAK4 antibody
See all PAK4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PAK4
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with PAK4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A 13 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human PAK4
- SW480 cell lysate and human colon tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62509 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 64 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 64 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionActivates the JNK pathway. Plays a role in the reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and in the formation of filopodia. Phosphorylates and inactivates the protein phosphatase SSH1, leading to increased inhibitory phosphorylation of the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin. Decreased cofilin activity may lead to stabilization of actin filaments. Phosphorylates ARHGEF2.
Tissue specificityHighest expression in prostate, testis and colon.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. STE20 subfamily.
Contains 1 CRIB domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on serine residues when activated by CDC42/p21.
Phosphorylated on tyrosine residues upon stimulation of FGFR2.
- Information by UniProt
- KIAA1142 antibody
- p21 activated kinase 4 antibody
- p21 Cdc42/Rac1-actiated kinase 4 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-PAK4 antibody (ab62509) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-PAK4 antibody (ab62509) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : SW480 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 64 kDa
Observed band size: 64 kDa
Immunohistochemistry of PAK4 in paraffin embedded human colon tissue section with ab62509 antibody at 10 µg/ml.
ICC/IF image of ab62509 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab62509, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunofluorescence of PAK4 in Human Colon cells using ab62509 at 20 ug/ml.
ab62509 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Chen T et al. PAK4 phosphorylates fumarase and blocks TGF-ß-induced cell growth arrest in lung cancer cells. Cancer Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30683654
- Liu Y et al. MicroRNA-663 inhibits the proliferation and invasion of clear cell renal cell carcinoma cells by directly targeting PAK4. Mol Med Rep 19:711-718 (2019). PubMed: 30431118
- Fulciniti M et al. Functional role and therapeutic targeting of p21-activated kinase 4 in multiple myeloma. Blood 129:2233-2245 (2017). PubMed: 28096095
- Li Z et al. Inhibition of neuroblastoma proliferation by PF-3758309, a small-molecule inhibitor that targets p21-activated kinase 4. Oncol Rep 38:2705-2716 (2017). PubMed: 29048629
- Loganzo F et al. Tumor cells chronically treated with a trastuzumab-maytansinoid antibody-drug conjugate develop varied resistance mechanisms but respond to alternate treatments. Mol Cancer Ther 14:952-63 (2015). PubMed: 25646013
- Wen X et al. ROCK1 and LIM Kinase Modulate Retrovirus Particle Release and Cell-Cell Transmission Events. J Virol 88:6906-21 (2014). PubMed: 24696479
- Bastea LI et al. Protein kinase D-mediated phosphorylation at Ser99 regulates localization of p21-activated kinase 4. Biochem J 455:251-60 (2013). PubMed: 23841590
- Wang Z et al. MiR-145 regulates PAK4 via the MAPK pathway and exhibits an antitumor effect in human colon cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun : (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22766504
- Ahn HK et al. P21-activated kinase 4 overexpression in metastatic gastric cancer patients. Transl Oncol 4:345-9 (2011). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22190998