Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [TET2] to pan CEACAM
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-pan CEACAM antibody [TET2]
See all pan CEACAM primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TET2] to pan CEACAM
Specificityab26283 is a broadly reactive antibody which reacts with most of the CEACAM molecules characterized to date (except CEACAM3, CEACAM4 and CEACAM7)4. It can be used to detect CEACAM1 (BGP/CD66a), CEACAM5 (CEA/CD66e), CEACAM6 (NCA/CD66c) and CEACAM8 (CGM6/CD66b) on transiently transfected BOSC23 cells by flow cytometry.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA, WB, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
ab26283 was generated by immunisation of BALB/c mice with CEA partially purified from a perchloric acid extract from liver metastases of colonic tumors.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26283 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170192 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceCEA-related cell adhesion molecules (CEACAM) belong to the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) family. It consists of seven CEACAM (CEACAM 1, CEACAM 3-CEACAM 8) and 11 pregnancy-specific glyco-protein (PSG 1-PSG 11) members. The CEA family proteins belong to the immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily and are composed of one Ig variable-like (IgV) and a varying number (0-6) of Ig constant-like (IgC) domains. CEACAM molecules are membrane-bound either via a transmembrane domain or a glycosyl phosphatidyl inositol (GPI) anchor. CEACAM molecules are differentially expressed in epithelial cells or in leucocytes. Over-expression of CEA/ CEACAM 5 in tumors of epithelial origin is the basis of its wide-spread use as a tumor marker. The function of CEACAM family members varies widely: they function as cell adhesion molecules, tumor suppressors, regulators of lymphocyte and dendritic cell activation, receptors of Neisseria species and other bacteria.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- Antigen CD66 antibody
- Biliary glycoprotein antibody
- Carcinoembryonic antigen related cell adhesion molecule 1 antibody
Overlay histogram showing Caco 2 cells stained with ab26283 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab26283, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab26283 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Deng M et al. TET-Mediated Sequestration of miR-26 Drives EZH2 Expression and Gastric Carcinogenesis. Cancer Res 77:6069-6082 (2017). PubMed: 28923852
- Pogribny IP et al. Modulation of intracellular iron metabolism by iron chelation affects chromatin remodeling proteins and corresponding epigenetic modifications in breast cancer cells and increases their sensitivity to chemotherapeutic agents. Int J Oncol 42:1822-32 (2013). PubMed: 23483119
- Moreland AJ et al. Characterization of killer immunoglobulin-like receptor genetics and comprehensive genotyping by pyrosequencing in rhesus macaques. BMC Genomics 12:295 (2011). IP ; Rhesus monkey . PubMed: 21645414
- Graham SA et al. Identification of Neutrophil Granule Glycoproteins as Lewisx-containing Ligands Cleared by the Scavenger Receptor C-type Lectin. J Biol Chem 286:24336-49 (2011). WB . PubMed: 21561871