Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AE1+AE3] to pan Cytokeratin, prediluted
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Fish
- Isotype: IgG1
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-pan Cytokeratin antibody [AE1+AE3], prediluted
See all pan Cytokeratin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AE1+AE3] to pan Cytokeratin, prediluted
SpecificityThis antibody mixture recognizes acidic and basic subfamilies of cytokeratins. The cocktail of these two antibodies can be used to detect most human epithelia. The acidic cytokeratins have molecular weights of 56.5, 55, 51, 50, 50, 48 46, 45, and 40 kDa. The basic cytokeratins have molecular weights of 65-67, 64, 59, 58, 56 and 52 kDa.
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Fish
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to pan Cytokeratin. Human epidermal cytokeratins
- Skin or adenocarcinoma.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 8th March 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Please note that this antibody is an oligoclonal antibody. It is a cocktail of monoclonal antibodies that have been carefully selected. Oligoclonal antibodies have not only the specificity and batch-to-batch consistency of a monoclonal antibody, but also have the advantage of the sensitivity of a polyclonal antibody due to their ability to recognize multiple epitopes on an antigen.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferProprietary Preservative
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
RelevanceCytokeratins, a group comprising at least 29 different proteins, are characteristic of epithelial and trichocytic cells. Cytokeratins 1, 4, 5, 6, and 8 are members of the type II neutral to basic subfamily. Monoclonal anti cytokeratins are specific markers of epithelial cell differentiation and have been widely used as tools in tumor identification and classification. Monoclonal Anti Pan Cytokeratin is a broadly reactive reagent, which recognizes epitopes present in most human epithelial tissues. It facilitates typing of normal, metaplastic and neoplastic cells. Synergy between the various components results in staining amplification. This enables identification of cells, which would otherwise be stained only marginally. The mixture may aid in the discrimination of carcinomas and nonepithelial tumors such as sarcomas, lymphomas and neural tumors. It is also useful in detecting micrometastases in lymph nodes, bone marrow and other tissues and for determining the origin of poorly differentiated tumors. There are two types of cytokeratins the acidic type I cytokeratins and the basic or neutral type II cytokeratins. Cytokeratins are usually found in pairs comprising a type I cytokeratin and a type II cytokeratin. Usually the type II cytokeratins are 8kD larger than their type I counterparts.
- pan ck antibody
- pan-ck antibody
- panck antibody
ab961 has been referenced in 33 publications.
- Jin YP et al. Encapsulated three-dimensional bioprinted structure seeded with urothelial cells: a new construction technique for tissue-engineered urinary tract patch. Chin Med J (Engl) 133:424-434 (2020). PubMed: 31977553
- Tan J et al. An R-loop-initiated CSB-RAD52-POLD3 pathway suppresses ROS-induced telomeric DNA breaks. Nucleic Acids Res 48:1285-1300 (2020). PubMed: 31777915
- Wan X et al. Hypoxia-preconditioned adipose-derived stem cells combined with scaffold promote urethral reconstruction by upregulation of angiogenesis and glycolysis. Stem Cell Res Ther 11:535 (2020). PubMed: 33308306
- Gong J et al. Reprogramming of lipid metabolism in cancer-associated fibroblasts potentiates migration of colorectal cancer cells. Cell Death Dis 11:267 (2020). PubMed: 32327627
- St-Jean G et al. Lats1 and Lats2 are required for the maintenance of multipotency in the Müllerian duct mesenchyme. Development 146:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31575647