Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [RM-1] to pan Macrophage
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-pan Macrophage antibody [RM-1]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [RM-1] to pan Macrophage
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Tissue/ cell preparation (Rat).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
IHC-Fr: 1/100. 2% paraformaldehyde-lysine / sodium periodate or acetone fixation.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceThe antigen is found on a subpopullation of most tissue fixed macrophages. It is quite predominant on red pulp macrophages and interdigitating cells in the outer periarteriolar lymphatic sheath of the spleen, the inner border of marginal sinus of lymph nodes, and alveolar macrophages. Langerhans cells of the skin and twisted spindle-shaped cells of the omentum are detected by the antibody. It is absent from sinusoidal endothelial cells and parenchymal cells.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
ab15615 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kasper M et al. Heterogeneous Dolichos biflorus lectin binding to a subset of rat alveolar macrophages in normal and fibrotic lung tissue. Acta Histochem 95:1-11 (1993). PubMed: 8279229
- Izumi S et al. Ontogenetic development of synovial A cells in fetal and neonatal rat knee joints. Cell Tissue Res 262:1-8 (1990). PubMed: 2257604
- Kato T et al. Chemically induced transplantable malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the rat. Analyses with immunohistochemistry, immunoelectron microscopy and [3H]thymidine autoradiography. Lab Invest 62:635-45 (1990). PubMed: 2160564
- Takeya M et al. Heterogeneity of rat macrophages recognized by monoclonal antibodies: an immunohistochemical and immunoelectron microscopic study. J Histochem Cytochem 37:635-41 (1989). PubMed: 2649558