Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Pancreatic Polypeptide
- Suitable for: ELISA, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Pancreatic Polypeptide antibody
See all Pancreatic Polypeptide primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Pancreatic Polypeptide
This antibody has been successfully used in WB on Human, PMID: 25445712.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Chimpanzee, Macaque monkey
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77192 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Antibody detection limit dilution 1:32,000 by peptide ELISA.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 3 - 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
In paraffin embedded human pancreas, shows strong cytoplasmic staining of rare cells located at the periphery of islets of Langerhans.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
RelevancePancreatic hormone is synthesized in pancreatic islets of Langerhans and acts as a regulator of pancreatic and gastrointestinal functions and may be important in the regulation of food intake. Plasma levels of this hormone have been shown to be reduced in conditions associated with increased food intake and elevated in anorexia nervosa. In addition, infusion of this hormone in obese rodents has shown to decrease weight gain.
- Pancreatic polypeptide antibody
- Pancreatic polypeptide Y antibody
- Pancreatic prohormone antibody
Staining of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human pancreas tissue with 3µg/ml ab77192. Note strong cytoplasmic staining of rare cells located at the periphery of islets of Langerhans.
Staining of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human intestine tissue with 5µg/ml ab77192. Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6, AP-staining.
Flow cytometric analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed U2OS cells (blue line), permeabilized with 0.5% Triton. Primary incubation 1hr (10ug/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (1ug/ml). IgG control: Unimmunized goat IgG (black line) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody.
Staining of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human pancreas tissue with 5µg/ml ab77192. Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6, AP-staining.
ab77192 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Wang G et al. Human amniotic epithelial cells regulate osteoblast differentiation through the secretion of TGFß1 and microRNA-34a-5p. Int J Mol Med 41:791-799 (2018). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 29207015
- Guida C et al. Sitagliptin and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass modulate insulin secretion via regulation of intra-islet PYY. Diabetes Obes Metab 20:571-581 (2018). PubMed: 28892258
- Katoh MC et al. MafB Is Critical for Glucagon Production and Secretion in Mouse Pancreatic a Cells In Vivo. Mol Cell Biol 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29378833
- Azzarelli R et al. Neurogenin3 phosphorylation controls reprogramming efficiency of pancreatic ductal organoids into endocrine cells. Sci Rep 8:15374 (2018). PubMed: 30337647
- Byrnes LE et al. Lineage dynamics of murine pancreatic development at single-cell resolution. Nat Commun 9:3922 (2018). PubMed: 30254276
- Azzarelli R et al. Multi-site Neurogenin3 Phosphorylation Controls Pancreatic Endocrine Differentiation. Dev Cell 41:274-286.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28457793
- Ackermann AM et al. Integration of ATAC-seq and RNA-seq identifies human alpha cell and beta cell signature genes. Mol Metab 5:233-44 (2016). Human . PubMed: 26977395
- Wang YJ et al. Single-Cell Mass Cytometry Analysis of the Human Endocrine Pancreas. Cell Metab 24:616-626 (2016). do not use 3 ; Human . PubMed: 27732837
- Wiedemann T et al. Obesity in MENX Rats Is Accompanied by High Circulating Levels of Ghrelin and Improved Insulin Sensitivity. Diabetes 65:406-20 (2016). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 26512025
- Suissa Y et al. Gastrin: a distinct fate of neurogenin3 positive progenitor cells in the embryonic pancreas. PLoS One 8:e70397 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23940571