Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Pannexin 1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Pannexin 1 antibody
See all Pannexin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Pannexin 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Pig, Macaque monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Pannexin 1 aa 150-250 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- WB: Human brain tissue lysate.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124131 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).|
FunctionStructural component of the gap junctions and the hemichannels. May play a role as a Ca(2+)-leak channel to regulate ER Ca(2+) homeostasis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pannexin family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > gap junction. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- innexin antibody
- MRS1 antibody
- Pannexin 1 antibody
Anti-Pannexin 1 antibody (ab124131) at 1 µg/ml + Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466) at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 30 seconds
The predicted molecular weight of Pannexin 1 is 48 kDa (SwissProt), however we expect to observe a banding pattern at 45 kDa. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above.
ab124131 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Li S et al. Carbenoxolone inhibits mechanical stress-induced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by regulating p38 MAPK phosphorylation. Exp Ther Med 15:2798-2803 (2018). PubMed: 29456683
- Zhou L et al. Pannexin-1 is involved in neuronal apoptosis and degeneration in experimental intracerebral hemorrhage in rats. Mol Med Rep 17:5684-5691 (2018). PubMed: 29484398
- Eguchi R et al. Fibroblast growth factor 2 modulates extracellular purine metabolism by upregulating ecto-5'-nucleotidase and adenosine deaminase in cultured rat spinal cord astrocytes. J Pharmacol Sci N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30598426
- Romay-Tallon R et al. Changes in Membrane Protein Clustering in Peripheral Lymphocytes in an Animal Model of Depression Parallel Those Observed in Naïve Depression Patients: Implications for the Development of Novel Biomarkers of Depression. Front Pharmacol 9:1149 (2018). PubMed: 30374301
- Sana-Ur-Rehman H et al. Expression and localization of pannexin-1 and CALHM1 in porcine bladder and their involvement in modulating ATP release. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 312:R763-R772 (2017). Pig . PubMed: 28254749
- Albalawi F et al. The P2X7 Receptor Primes IL-1ß and the NLRP3 Inflammasome in Astrocytes Exposed to Mechanical Strain. Front Cell Neurosci 11:227 (2017). PubMed: 28848393
- Koyanagi S et al. Glucocorticoid regulation of ATP release from spinal astrocytes underlies diurnal exacerbation of neuropathic mechanical allodynia. Nat Commun 7:13102 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27739425
- Beckel JM et al. Pannexin 1 channels mediate the release of ATP into the lumen of the rat urinary bladder. J Physiol 593:1857-71 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25630792
- Pinheiro AR et al. Bradykinin-induced Ca2+ signaling in human subcutaneous fibroblasts involves ATP release via hemichannels leading to P2Y12 receptors activation. Cell Commun Signal 11:70 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24047499
- Timóteo MA et al. ATP released via pannexin-1 hemichannels mediates bladder overactivity triggered by urothelial P2Y6 receptors. Biochem Pharmacol N/A:N/A (2013). Rat . PubMed: 24269631