Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PAQR5
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PAQR5 antibody
See all PAQR5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PAQR5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from the C terminal of Human PAQR5
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79517 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
RelevancePAQR5 (Progestin and adipoQ receptor family member V) is a steroid membrane receptor which binds progesterone. It may be involved in oocyte maturation. It is an integral membrane protein and is expressed in kidney, colon, adrenal gland and lung. It belongs to the ADIPOR family.
Cellular localizationMembrane; Multi-pass membrane protein.
- FLJ20190 antibody
- Membrane progestin receptor gamma antibody
- mPR gamma antibody
All lanes : Anti-PAQR5 antibody (ab79517) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HUVEC cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from HUVEC cells with mmunizing peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
All lanes : Anti-PAQR5 antibody (ab79517) at 500 µg
Lane 1 : HUVEC cell lysate (positive control)
Lanes 2-4 : Non-pregnant ovine caruncle tissue lysate
Lanes 5-7 : Day 30 of gestation ovine caruncle tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG monoclonal at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 52 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
ab79517 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Ponikwicka-Tyszko D et al. Molecular mechanisms underlying mifepristone's agonistic action on ovarian cancer progression. EBioMedicine 47:170-183 (2019). PubMed: 31466918
- Tocchetti GN et al. Biphasic modulation of cAMP levels by the contraceptive nomegestrol acetate. Impact on P-glycoprotein expression and activity in hepatic cells. Biochem Pharmacol 154:118-126 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29684377
- Jackson AC et al. Progesterone receptor signalling in retinal photoreceptor neuroprotection. J Neurochem 136:63-77 (2016). PubMed: 26447367
- Roche SL et al. Progesterone Attenuates Microglial-Driven Retinal Degeneration and Stimulates Protective Fractalkine-CX3CR1 Signaling. PLoS One 11:e0165197 (2016). PubMed: 27814376
- Coleson MP et al. Human chorionic gonadotropin increases serum progesterone, number of corpora lutea and angiogenic factors in pregnant sheep. Reproduction 150:43-52 (2015). PubMed: 25861798
- Bashour NM & Wray S Progesterone directly and rapidly inhibits GnRH neuronal activity via progesterone receptor membrane component 1. Endocrinology 153:4457-69 (2012). PubMed: 22822163