Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PAR1/Thrombin Receptor
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PAR1/Thrombin Receptor antibody
See all PAR1/Thrombin Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PAR1/Thrombin Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Baboon
- KNRK cells, Pancreatic tissue.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32611 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionHigh affinity receptor for activated thrombin coupled to G proteins that stimulate phosphoinositide hydrolysis. May play a role in platelets activation and in vascular development.
Tissue specificityPlatelets and vascular endothelial cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsA proteolytic cleavage generates a new N-terminus that functions as a tethered ligand.
Phosphorylated; probably mediating desensitization prior to the uncoupling and internalization of the receptor.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CF2R antibody
- Coagulation factor II (thrombin) receptor antibody
- Coagulation factor II receptor antibody
Anti-PAR1/Thrombin Receptor antibody (ab32611) at 1 µg/ml + Human Platelet (Human adult normal cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 87 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 12 minutes
PAR1/Thrombin Receptor contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
This image shows human pancreas stained with ab32611.
ab32611 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Bushi D et al. A Linear Temporal Increase in Thrombin Activity and Loss of Its Receptor in Mouse Brain following Ischemic Stroke. Front Neurol 8:138 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28443061
- Wang T et al. TGF-ß induced PAR-1 expression promotes tumor progression and osteoclast differentiation in giant cell tumor of bone. Int J Cancer 141:1630-1642 (2017). PubMed: 28670703
- Chen KD et al. Interconnections between autophagy and the coagulation cascade in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Death Dis 5:e1244 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24853422
- Aytekin M et al. Abnormal platelet aggregation in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension: role of nitric oxide. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L512-20 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22246002
- Shavit E et al. Thrombin receptor PAR-1 on myelin at the node of Ranvier: a new anatomy and physiology of conduction block. Brain 131:1113-22 (2008). PubMed: 18299297