Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1/PTH1R
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human, Lizard
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1/PTH1R antibody
See all Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1/PTH1R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1/PTH1R
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Lizard
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1/PTH1R (internal sequence).
- Human brain tissue. Extracts from Jurkat cells. MCF7 cells.
This product was previously labelled as Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75150 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionReceptor for parathyroid hormone and for parathyroid hormone-related peptide. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins which activate adenylyl cyclase and also a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system.
Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues. Most abundant in kidney, bone and liver.
Involvement in diseaseJansen metaphyseal chondrodysplasia
Chondrodysplasia Blomstrand type
Eiken skeletal dysplasia
Primary failure of tooth eruption
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 2 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- MGC138426 antibody
- MGC138452 antibody
- Parathyroid hormone 1 receptor antibody
All lanes : Anti-Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1/PTH1R antibody (ab75150) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from Jurkat cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from Jurkat cells with immunising peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Observed band size: 56 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 117 kDa, 82 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab75150 staining Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1/PTH1R in Lizard regenerated tail (Anolis sagrei) tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 1% serum for 45 minutes at 22°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in sodium citrate buffer, pH 6.0. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in 1% horse serum) for 16 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated horse anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/50) was used as the secondary antibody.
Image is of a regenerated lizard tail cartilage tube, at a proximal region that has begun to ossify. Positive staining was observed in structures resembling embryonic bone collar and early hypertrophic chondrocytes.
Immunohistochemistry analysis of Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1/PTH1R in paraffin-embedded human brain tissue using ab75150, at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising peptide.
Immunofluorescence analysis of Parathyroid Hormone Receptor 1/PTH1R in MCF7 cells using ab75150, at 1/500 dilution, in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising peptide.
ab75150 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chen S et al. Preactivation of ß-catenin in osteoblasts improves the osteoanabolic effect of PTH in type 1 diabetic mice. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31301073
- He S et al. Parathyroid Hormone-Like Hormone Induces Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition of Intestinal Epithelial Cells by Activating the Runt-Related Transcription Factor 2. Am J Pathol 188:1374-1388 (2018). PubMed: 29577935
- Hu J et al. Filamin B regulates chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation through Cdk1 signaling. PLoS One 9:e89352 (2014). WB, ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24551245
- Horie M et al. Intra-articular injection of human mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) promote rat meniscal regeneration by being activated to express Indian hedgehog that enhances expression of type II collagen. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 20:1197-207 (2012). PubMed: 22750747
- Cowan RW et al. PTHrP increases RANKL expression by stromal cells from giant cell tumor of bone. J Orthop Res 30:877-84 (2012). PubMed: 22102368
- Bond SR et al. Pannexin 3 is a novel target for Runx2, expressed by osteoblasts and mature growth plate chondrocytes. J Bone Miner Res 26:2911-22 (2011). PubMed: 21915903