Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Parvalbumin
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Parvalbumin antibody
See all Parvalbumin primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Parvalbumin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Xenopus laevis, Macaque monkey
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32895 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 12 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa).
Block using milk. Primary incubation 1 hour at room temperature. Recommended concentration: 0.1-0.3µg/ml.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.
Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
Paraformaldehyde fixed Kelly cells, permeabilized with 0.5% Triton.
Primary incubation 1hr (10µg/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2µg/ml).
FunctionIn muscle, parvalbumin is thought to be involved in relaxation after contraction. It binds two calcium ions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the parvalbumin family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
- Information by UniProt
- D22S749 antibody
- MGC116759 antibody
- Parvalbumin alpha antibody
ab32895 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Eshima H et al. Dysfunction of muscle contraction with impaired intracellular Ca2+ handling in skeletal muscle and the effect of exercise training in male db/db mice. J Appl Physiol (1985) N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30433865
- Staton CD et al. Orexin 2 receptor stimulation enhances resilience, while orexin 2 inhibition promotes susceptibility, to social stress, anxiety and depression. Neuropharmacology 143:79-94 (2018). PubMed: 30240784
- Eshima H et al. Long-term, but not short-term high-fat diet induces fiber composition changes and impaired contractile force in mouse fast-twitch skeletal muscle. Physiol Rep 5:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28408640
- Eshima H et al. Improved skeletal muscle Ca2+ regulation in vivo following contractions in mice overexpressing PGC-1a. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 312:R1017-R1028 (2017). PubMed: 28438761
- Iaccarino HF et al. Gamma frequency entrainment attenuates amyloid load and modifies microglia. Nature 540:230-235 (2016). PubMed: 27929004
- Tomer R et al. Advanced CLARITY for rapid and high-resolution imaging of intact tissues. Nat Protoc 9:1682-97 (2014). PubMed: 24945384