Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Patched / PTCH1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Patched / PTCH1 antibody
See all Patched / PTCH1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Patched / PTCH1
Specificityab53715 detects endogenous levels of total Patched/PTCH1 protein. In WB, in addition to the expected band at 150 kDa an extra band at 75 kDa is often detected. Both bands can be blocked with the immunogen peptide. In IHC, cytoplasmic and membrane staining is frequently observed. These results are similar to what we see with other antibodies against this target.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Patched/ PTCH1 (N terminal). Immunogen is in the range of aa 1-50.
Database link: Q13635
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53715 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 161 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionActs as a receptor for sonic hedgehog (SHH), indian hedgehog (IHH) and desert hedgehog (DHH). Associates with the smoothened protein (SMO) to transduce the hedgehog's proteins signal. Seems to have a tumor suppressor function, as inactivation of this protein is probably a necessary, if not sufficient step for tumorigenesis.
Tissue specificityIn the adult, expressed in brain, lung, liver, heart, placenta, skeletal muscle, pancreas and kidney. Expressed in tumor cells but not in normal skin.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PTCH1 are probably the cause of basal cell nevus syndrome (BCNS) [MIM:109400]; also known as Gorlin syndrome or Gorlin-Goltz syndrome. BCNS is an autosomal dominant disease characterized by nevoid basal cell carcinomas (NBCCS) and developmental abnormalities such as rib and craniofacial alterations, polydactyly, syndactyly, and spina bifida. In addition, the patients suffer from a multitude of tumors like basal cell carcinomas (BCC), fibromas of the ovaries and heart, cysts of the skin, jaws and mesentery, as well as medulloblastomas and meningiomas. PTCH1 is also mutated in squamous cell carcinoma (SCC). Could also be associated with large body size observed in BCNS patients.
Defects in PTCH1 are a cause of sporadic basal cell carcinoma (BCC) [MIM:605462].
Defects in PTCH1 are the cause of holoprosencephaly type 7 (HPE7) [MIM:610828]. Holoprosencephaly (HPE) [MIM:236100] is the most common structural anomaly of the brain, in which the developing forebrain fails to correctly separate into right and left hemispheres. Holoprosencephaly is genetically heterogeneous and associated with several distinct facies and phenotypic variability.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the patched family.
Contains 1 SSD (sterol-sensing) domain.
Developmental stageIn the embryo, found in all major target tissues of sonic hedgehog, such as the ventral neural tube, somites, and tissues surrounding the zone of polarizing activity of the limb bud.
modificationsGlycosylation is necessary for SHH binding.
- Information by UniProt
- A230106A15Rik antibody
- BCNS antibody
- FLJ26746 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Patched / PTCH1 antibody (ab53715) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from mouse muscle cells, minus immunising peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from mouse muscle cells, plus immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 161 kDa
ab53715, at a 1/50 dilution, staining Patched / PTCH in paraffin embedded human brain tissue by Immunohistochemsitry in the absence (left image) or presence (right image) of the immunising peptide.
ab53715 has been referenced in 39 publications.
- Kim SH et al. Identification of recurrent FHL2-GLI2 oncogenic fusion in sclerosing stromal tumors of the ovary. Nat Commun 11:44 (2020). PubMed: 31896750
- Liu D et al. Purmorphamine Attenuates Neuro-Inflammation and Synaptic Impairments After Hypoxic-Ischemic Injury in Neonatal Mice via Shh Signaling. Front Pharmacol 11:204 (2020). PubMed: 32194421
- Huang H et al. Protective effect of sonic hedgehog against oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced endothelial apoptosis: Involvement of NF-?B and Bcl-2 signaling. Int J Mol Med 45:1864-1874 (2020). PubMed: 32186749
- Ren J et al. Lentivirus-mediated CD44s expression increases human basal cell carcinoma cell resistance against vismodegib. Oncol Rep 43:1650-1658 (2020). PubMed: 32323842
- Ke B et al. Sonic Hedgehog/Gli1 Signaling Pathway Regulates Cell Migration and Invasion via Induction of Epithelial-to-mesenchymal Transition in Gastric Cancer. J Cancer 11:3932-3943 (2020). PubMed: 32328197