For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Mitochondrial function and cancer poster
Cancer cells are in an altered metabolic state with increased glycolytic metabolism and continued use of oxygen.
This poster, authored by Douglas C. Wallace and published by Nature Reviews Cancer with sponsorship from Abcam, shows how cancer cells:
- Display altered energetics through activation of the PI3K–AKT pathway.
- Have increased ROS levels and altered redox regulation.
- Switch from pyruvate kinase isoform M1 (PKM1) to PKM2.
- Are characterized by intense macromolecular biogenesis and oxidoreduction of NADP+ to NADPH.
- Show increased glucose uptake and metabolism
Download the Mitochondrial function and cancer poster
Visit our poster library for a complete list of all available pathways.