Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3353] to PAX7
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PAX7 antibody [EPR3353]
See all PAX7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3353] to PAX7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human PAX7 aa 350-450. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HEK-293T, HeLa, Jurkat and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900). Flow Cyt: HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92317 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.
Is unsuitable for ICC, IHC-P or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionProbable transcription factor. May have a role in myogenesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PAX7 are a cause of rhabdomyosarcoma type 2 (RMS2) [MIM:268220]. It is a form of rhabdomyosarcoma, a highly malignant tumor of striated muscle derived from primitive mesenchimal cells and exhibiting differentiation along rhabdomyoblastic lines. Rhabdomyosarcoma is one of the most frequently occurring soft tissue sarcomas and the most common in children. It occurs in four forms: alveolar, pleomorphic, embryonal and botryoidal rhabdomyosarcomas. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving PAX7 is found in rhabdomyosarcoma. Translocation t(1;13)(p36;q14) with FOXO1. The resulting protein is a transcriptional activator.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the paired homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 paired domain.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ37460 antibody
- HUP1 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000002534 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PAX7 antibody [EPR3353] (ab92317) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using ab92317 (red) at a 1/200 dilution, and rabbit IgG control (green).
ab92317 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Mattyasovszky SG et al. Exposure to radial extracorporeal shock waves modulates viability and gene expression of human skeletal muscle cells: a controlled in vitro study. J Orthop Surg Res 13:75 (2018). PubMed: 29625618
- Huang W et al. Heterogeneity of adult masseter muscle satellite cells with cardiomyocyte differentiation potential. Exp Cell Res N/A:N/A (2018). WB, ICC . PubMed: 29842877
- Garcia SM et al. High-Yield Purification, Preservation, and Serial Transplantation of Human Satellite Cells. Stem Cell Reports 10:1160-1174 (2018). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 29478895
- Bitar MS et al. Hydrogen Sulfide Donor NaHS Improves Metabolism and Reduces Muscle Atrophy in Type 2 Diabetes: Implication for Understanding Sarcopenic Pathophysiology. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2018:6825452 (2018). PubMed: 30510624
- Shelar SB et al. Disruption of nuclear factor (erythroid-derived-2)-like 2 antioxidant signaling: a mechanism for impaired activation of stem cells and delayed regeneration of skeletal muscle. FASEB J 30:1865-79 (2016). PubMed: 26839378
- Chun SY et al. Combined injection of three different lineages of early-differentiating human amniotic fluid-derived cells restores urethral sphincter function in urinary incontinence. BJU Int 114:770-83 (2014). PubMed: 24841807
- Shi H et al. Improved regenerative myogenesis and muscular dystrophy in mice lacking Mkp5. J Clin Invest 123:2064-77 (2013). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 23543058
- Weist MR et al. TGF-ß1 enhances contractility in engineered skeletal muscle. J Tissue Eng Regen Med 7:562-71 (2013). ICC ; Rat . PubMed: 22371337