Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to PCB
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PCB antibody
See all PCB primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to PCB
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig
- Human liver tissue; Mouse liver lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab115579 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.03 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 130 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionPyruvate carboxylase catalyzes a 2-step reaction, involving the ATP-dependent carboxylation of the covalently attached biotin in the first step and the transfer of the carboxyl group to pyruvate in the second. Catalyzes in a tissue specific manner, the initial reactions of glucose (liver, kidney) and lipid (adipose tissue, liver, brain) synthesis from pyruvate.
PathwayCarbohydrate biosynthesis; gluconeogenesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PC are the cause of pyruvate carboxylase deficiency (PC deficiency) [MIM:266150]. PC deficiency leads to lactic acidosis, mental retardation and death. It occurs in three forms: mild or type A, severe neonatal or type B, and a very mild lacticacidemia.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 ATP-grasp domain.
Contains 1 biotin carboxylation domain.
Contains 1 biotinyl-binding domain.
Contains 1 carboxyltransferase domain.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- mitochondrial antibody
- OTTHUMP00000235155 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000235156 antibody
ab115579, at 5µg/ml, staining PCB in Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded Human Liver tissue by Immunohistochemistry followed by biotinylated secondary antibody, alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen.
Anti-PCB antibody (ab115579) at 0.03 µg/ml + Mouse Liver lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 130 kDa
ab115579 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Li X et al. Probiotics Ameliorate Colon Epithelial Injury Induced by Ambient Ultrafine Particles Exposure. Adv Sci (Weinh) 6:1900972 (2019). PubMed: 31559135
- Gao L et al. Gene expression analyses reveal metabolic specifications in acute O2 -sensing chemoreceptor cells. J Physiol 595:6091-6120 (2017). PubMed: 28718507
- Lussey-Lepoutre C et al. Loss of succinate dehydrogenase activity results in dependency on pyruvate carboxylation for cellular anabolism. Nat Commun 6:8784 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 26522426