Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR11055] to PCBP1
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PCBP1 antibody [EPR11055]
See all PCBP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR11055] to PCBP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PCBP1.
- HeLa, 293T, HepG2 and K562 cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab168378 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionSingle-stranded nucleic acid binding protein that binds preferentially to oligo dC.
Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in skeletal muscle, thymus and peripheral blood leukocytes while a lower expression is observed in prostate, spleen, testis, ovary, small intestine, heart, liver, adrenal and thyroid glands.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 KH domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated; lowers poly(rC)-binding activity.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Loosely bound in the nucleus. May shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-CP1 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein E1 antibody
- heterogenous nuclear ribonucleoprotein E1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PCBP1 antibody [EPR11055] (ab168378) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : K562 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
Detection of PCBP1 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate. 293T cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab168378 at 1/10 dilution; HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG preferentially detecting the non-reduced form of rabbit IgG.
ab168378 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Bae DH et al. Acireductone dioxygenase 1 (ADI1) is regulated by cellular iron by a mechanism involving the iron chaperone, PCBP1, with PCBP2 acting as a potential co-chaperone. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis N/A:165844 (2020). PubMed: 32480040
- Rizzotto D et al. Nutlin-Induced Apoptosis Is Specified by a Translation Program Regulated by PCBP2 and DHX30. Cell Rep 30:4355-4369.e6 (2020). PubMed: 32234473
- Ghanem LR et al. The Poly(C) Binding Protein Pcbp2 and Its Retrotransposed Derivative Pcbp1 Are Independently Essential to Mouse Development. Mol Cell Biol 36:304-19 (2016). PubMed: 26527618