Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PCNA
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PCNA antibody
See all PCNA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PCNA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human PCNA.
Database link: P12004
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15497 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).|
No special pretreatment required but maybe performed for optimum results in immunohistochemical staining of formalin/paraffin tissues.
FunctionThis protein is an auxiliary protein of DNA polymerase delta and is involved in the control of eukaryotic DNA replication by increasing the polymerase's processibility during elongation of the leading strand. Induces a robust stimulatory effect on the 3'-5' exonuclease and 3'-phosphodiesterase, but not apurinic-apyrimidinic (AP) endonuclease, APEX2 activities. Has to be loaded onto DNA in order to be able to stimulate APEX2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PCNA family.
modificationsUpon methyl methanesulfonate-induced DNA damage, mono-ubiquitinated by the UBE2B-RAD18 complex on Lys-164. This induces non-canonical polyubiquitination on Lys-164 through 'Lys-63' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the E2 complex UBE2N-UBE2V2 and the E3 ligases, HLTF, RNF8 and SHPRH, which is required for DNA repair. 'Lys-63' polyubiquitination prevents genomic instability on DNA damage. Monoubiquitination at Lys-164 also takes place in undamaged proliferating cells, and is mediated by the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to enhance PCNA-dependent translesion DNA synthesis.
Acetylated in response to UV irradiation. Acetylation disrupts interaction with NUDT15 and promotes degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Forms nuclear foci representing sites of ongoing DNA replication and vary in morphology and number during S phase. Together with APEX2, is redistributed in discrete nuclear foci in presence of oxidative DNA damaging agents.
- Information by UniProt
- ATLD2 antibody
- cb16 antibody
- Cyclin antibody
All lanes : Anti-PCNA antibody (ab15497) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) at 1/15000 dilution
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
ab15497 staining PCNA in Human tonsil tissue by Immunohistochemisty (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ICC/IF image of ab15497 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum ab7481 / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab15497, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG(H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-PCNA antibody (ab15497) at 1/25 dilution + Raji cell lysate
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Observed band size: 29 kDa
ab15497 has been referenced in 32 publications.
- Wang Y et al. Stress aggravates and prolongs imiquimod-induced psoriasis-like epidermal hyperplasis and IL-1ß/IL-23p40 production. J Leukoc Biol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32421901
- An SY et al. Estradiol-17ß regulates proliferation and apoptosis of sheep endometrial epithelial cells by regulating the relative abundance of YAP1. Anim Reprod Sci 215:106328 (2020). PubMed: 32216937
- Yang T et al. Phosphorylation of p53 Serine 15 Is a Predictor of Survival for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Can J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2019:9015453 (2019). PubMed: 30881947
- Liu M et al. Fabrication of KR-12 peptide-containing hyaluronic acid immobilized fibrous eggshell membrane effectively kills multi-drug-resistant bacteria, promotes angiogenesis and accelerates re-epithelialization. Int J Nanomedicine 14:3345-3360 (2019). PubMed: 31190796
- Wang X & Wang X Long non-coding RNA colon cancer-associated transcript 2 may promote esophageal cancer growth and metastasis by regulating the Wnt signaling pathway. Oncol Lett 18:1745-1754 (2019). PubMed: 31423241