Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PCNA
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PCNA antibody
See all PCNA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PCNA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Alligator, Orangutan
This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- A431 whole cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19166 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19945538|
|IHC-P||1/2000 - 1/10000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.03µg for 106 cells.
0.03 μg per 1 million cells in a 150 mcl reaction.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).|
FunctionThis protein is an auxiliary protein of DNA polymerase delta and is involved in the control of eukaryotic DNA replication by increasing the polymerase's processibility during elongation of the leading strand. Induces a robust stimulatory effect on the 3'-5' exonuclease and 3'-phosphodiesterase, but not apurinic-apyrimidinic (AP) endonuclease, APEX2 activities. Has to be loaded onto DNA in order to be able to stimulate APEX2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PCNA family.
modificationsUpon methyl methanesulfonate-induced DNA damage, mono-ubiquitinated by the UBE2B-RAD18 complex on Lys-164. This induces non-canonical polyubiquitination on Lys-164 through 'Lys-63' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the E2 complex UBE2N-UBE2V2 and the E3 ligases, HLTF, RNF8 and SHPRH, which is required for DNA repair. 'Lys-63' polyubiquitination prevents genomic instability on DNA damage. Monoubiquitination at Lys-164 also takes place in undamaged proliferating cells, and is mediated by the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to enhance PCNA-dependent translesion DNA synthesis.
Acetylated in response to UV irradiation. Acetylation disrupts interaction with NUDT15 and promotes degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Forms nuclear foci representing sites of ongoing DNA replication and vary in morphology and number during S phase. Together with APEX2, is redistributed in discrete nuclear foci in presence of oxidative DNA damaging agents.
- Information by UniProt
- ATLD2 antibody
- cb16 antibody
- Cyclin antibody
Lanes 1-2 : Anti-PCNA antibody (ab19166) at 1 µg/ml
Lanes 3-4 : Anti-PCNA antibody (ab19166) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lanes 1 & 3 : A431 whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lanes 2 & 4 : A431 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 31 kDa
Exposure time: 2 minutes
ab19166 (Human PCNA antibody) in western blot in A431 whole cell lysate:
Lane 1: 15
µg lysate; 1ug/ml ab19166
Lane 2: 50
µg lysate; 1ug/ml ab19166
Lane 3: 15
µg lysate; 0.1ug/ml ab19166
Lane 4: 50
µg lysate; 0.1ug/ml ab19166
WB exposure: 2 minutes
Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections) analysis of 8 μm sections of mouse prostate triple labelled with rabbit polyclonal antibody for PCNA (ab19166) (1/200, green), mouse monoclonal antibody for smooth muscle actin (red) and the nuclear stain DAPI (blue). Arrows indicate positive staining for PCNA and DAPI (i.e. nuclei of proliferating cells). L, lumen; E, epithelium; S, smooth muscle stroma. Calibration bar=200 μm.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human stomach carcinoma tissue labelling PCNA with ab19166 at 1/10000 (0.1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
ab19166 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Nelson CM et al. Glucocorticoids Target Ependymal Glia and Inhibit Repair of the Injured Spinal Cord. Front Cell Dev Biol 7:56 (2019). PubMed: 31069223
- Wang L et al. Classic SRY-box protein SOX7 functions as a tumor suppressor regulating WNT signaling and is methylated in renal cell carcinoma. FASEB J 33:254-263 (2019). PubMed: 29957056
- Li F et al. The BUB3-BUB1 Complex Promotes Telomere DNA Replication. Mol Cell 70:395-407.e4 (2018). PubMed: 29727616
- Wang Y et al. Local honokiol application inhibits intimal thickening in rabbits following carotid artery balloon injury. Mol Med Rep 17:1683-1689 (2018). PubMed: 29257208
- Zhao J et al. Deletion of Spata2 by CRISPR/Cas9n causes increased inhibin alpha expression and attenuated fertility in male mice. Biol Reprod 97:497-513 (2017). PubMed: 29025062
- Cao Y et al. Prohibitin overexpression predicts poor prognosis and promotes cell proliferation and invasion through ERK pathway activation in gallbladder cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 35:68 (2016). PubMed: 27084680
- Chang BS et al. Collagen complexes increase the efficiency of iPS cells generated using fibroblasts from adult mice. J Reprod Dev 61:145-53 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 25740096
- Xie JH et al. Troubleshooting immunohistochemical labelling of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) in cryocut tissue sections of mouse prostate. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 61:98-101 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 19945538