Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to PCSK9
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab28770 was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation prior to immunogen affinity chromatography.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28770 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa.
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 - 6 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMay be implicated in the differentiation of cortical neurons and may play a role in cholesterol homeostasis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in neuro-epithelioma, colon carcinoma, hepatic and pancreatic cell lines, and in Schwann cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PCSK9 are the cause of familial hypercholesterolemia 3 (FH3) [MIM:603776]. FH3 inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S8 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S8 domain.
modificationsThe soluble zymogen undergoes autocatalytic intramolecular processing in the endoplasmic reticulum, resulting in the cleavage of its propeptide that remains associated with the secreted enzyme.
- Information by UniProt
- Convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 preproprotein antibody
- FH3 antibody
- HCHOLA3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PCSK9 antibody (ab28770) at 0.2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : untransfected McA cell lysate.
Lane 2 : McA cell lysate transfected with wild type human PCSK9
Lane 3 : McA cell lysate transfected with S127R human PCSK9
Predicted band size: 74 kDa
Observed band size: 60,73 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab28770 stained SHSY5Y cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal donkey serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab28770, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 donkey anti-goat IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human kidney tissue, staining PCSK9 with ab28770 at 4 µg/ml. Staining was detected using HRP. Antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in TRIS/EDTA buffer (pH 9).
Anti-PCSK9 antibody (ab28770) at 0.3 µg/ml + Human Adipose lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 74 kDa
ab28770 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Carreras A et al. In vivo genome and base editing of a human PCSK9 knock-in hypercholesterolemic mouse model. BMC Biol 17:4 (2019). PubMed: 30646909
- Luan C et al. Potentiation of Psoriasis-Like Inflammation by PCSK9. J Invest Dermatol 139:859-867 (2019). PubMed: 30395847
- Picard C et al. Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) in Alzheimer's disease: A genetic and proteomic multi-cohort study. PLoS One 14:e0220254 (2019). PubMed: 31437157
- Wang L et al. Meganuclease targeting of PCSK9 in macaque liver leads to stable reduction in serum cholesterol. Nat Biotechnol 36:717-725 (2018). PubMed: 29985478
- Adorni MP et al. Inhibitory effect of PCSK9 on Abca1 protein expression and cholesterol efflux in macrophages. Atherosclerosis 256:1-6 (2017). PubMed: 27940374
- Liu M et al. PCSK9 is not involved in the degradation of LDL receptors and BACE1 in the adult mouse brain. J Lipid Res 51:2611-8 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20453200
- Duff CJ et al. Antibody-mediated disruption of the interaction between PCSK9 and the low-density lipoprotein receptor. Biochem J 419:577-84 (2009). PubMed: 19196236
- Lambert G et al. Plasma PCSK9 Concentrations Correlate with LDL and Total Cholesterol in Diabetic Patients and Are Decreased by Fenofibrate Treatment. Clin Chem : (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18436719
- Blesa S et al. A new PCSK9 gene promoter variant affects gene expression and causes autosomal dominant hypercholesterolemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3577-83 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18559913