Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [ABM4E54] to PD-L1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-PD-L1 antibody [ABM4E54]
See all PD-L1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [ABM4E54] to PD-L1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human PD-L1 aa 18-227.
AFTVTVPKDLYVVEYGSNMTIECKFPVEKQLDLAALIVYWEMEDKNIIQF VHGEEDLKVQHSSYRQRARLLKDQLSLGNAALQITDVKLQDAGVYRCMIS YGGADYKRITVKVNAPYNKINQRILVVDPVTSEHELTCQAEGYPKAEVIW TSSDHQVLSGKTTTTNSKREEKLFNVTSTLRINTTTNEIFYCTFRRLDPE ENHTAELVIP
Database link: Q9NZQ7-1
- Recombinant protein fragment of Human PD-L1; Human Hodkin's lymphoma tissue. Programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1) expression in various tumor types - http://www.immunotherapyofcancer.org/content/1/S1/P53
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab210931 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Treating samples with PNGase F may increase signal intensity.
Positive Control: Hu tonsil, placenta tissues, head and neck squamous cell carcinoma
Negative Control: MCF-7
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.
Treat samples with PNGase F to confirm the specificity of bands if necessary. PMID: 31327656
The observed band size is not exactly as predicted MWs in WB due to the different forms and modifications of PD-L1.
Hu Isoform I-3: 20-33 kDa (predicted)
Actual band size in WB is between 40-60 kDa.
Positive Control: B-CPAP, MD-MB-231, U87-MG
Negative Control: A549, SW480
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionInvolved in the costimulatory signal, essential for T-cell proliferation and production of IL10 and IFNG, in an IL2-dependent and a PDCD1-independent manner. Interaction with PDCD1 inhibits T-cell proliferation and cytokine production.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in the heart, skeletal muscle, placenta and lung. Weakly expressed in the thymus, spleen, kidney and liver. Expressed on activated T- and B-cells, dendritic cells, keratinocytes and monocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. BTN/MOG family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Endomembrane system.
- Information by UniProt
- B7 H antibody
- B7 H1 antibody
- B7 homolog 1 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded Human Hodkin's lymphoma tissue, labeling PD-L1 with ab210931at 5 µg/mL.
Anti-PD-L1 antibody [ABM4E54] (ab210931) at 0.5 µg/ml + Recombinant protein fragment of Human PD-L1
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Cell Surface flow cytometry analysis of PD-L1 in PHA treated human PBMC using 1 μg of ab210931. Green represents isotype control; pink represents ab210931 antibody. Goat anti-mouse PE conjugate was used as secondary antibody.
All lanes : Anti-PD-L1 antibody [ABM4E54] (ab210931) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : A549 lysate
Lane 2 : MCF-7 lysate
Lane 3 : 293 lysate
Lane 4 : HCT-116 lysate
Lane 5 : Saos2 lysate
Lane 6 : HeLa lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Exposure time: 1 minute in film and 30 seconds in imager.
ab210931 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Lu B et al. Analysis of PD-L1 expression in trophoblastic tissues and tumors. Hum Pathol 84:202-212 (2019). PubMed: 30339966
- Li H et al. The Immune Checkpoint Regulator PDL1 is an Independent Prognostic Biomarker for Biochemical Recurrence in Prostate Cancer Patients Following Adjuvant Hormonal Therapy. J Cancer 10:3102-3111 (2019). PubMed: 31289580
- Mikkelsen K et al. Anti-Tumor Effects of Vitamin B2, B6 and B9 in Promonocytic Lymphoma Cells. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31374832
- Kunimasa K et al. Heterogeneity of EGFR-mutant clones and PD-L1 highly expressing clones affects treatment efficacy of EGFR-TKI and PD-1 inhibitor. Ann Oncol 29:2145-2147 (2018). PubMed: 30099497
- Kathuria H et al. NKX2-1-AS1 negatively regulates CD274/PD-L1, cell-cell interaction genes, and limits human lung carcinoma cell migration. Sci Rep 8:14418 (2018). PubMed: 30258080
- Liu B et al. PD-1/PD-L1 expression in a series of intracranial germinoma and its association with Foxp3+ and CD8+ infiltrating lymphocytes. PLoS One 13:e0194594 (2018). PubMed: 29617441
- Qiu XY et al. PD-L1 confers glioblastoma multiforme malignancy via Ras binding and Ras/Erk/EMT activation. Biochim Biophys Acta 1864:1754-1769 (2018). PubMed: 29510196
- Zhang SA et al. Effect of EBI3 on radiation-induced immunosuppression of cervical cancer HeLa cells by regulating Treg cells through PD-1/PD-L1 pathway. Tumour Biol 39:1010428317692237 (2017). PubMed: 28351328
- Tao J et al. Association between B7-H1 and cervical cancer: B7-H1 impairs the immune response in human cervical cancer cells. Exp Ther Med 14:4125-4133 (2017). PubMed: 29104629