Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PDCD4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PDCD4 antibody
See all PDCD4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDCD4
Specificityab51495 reacts with PDCD4 protein that is either phosphorylated or non phosphorylated at Ser 457.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Xenopus laevis
A synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the carboxyl terminus of human PDCD4 protein
- WB: 293 HEK cells, Mouse N2A cell Lysate. IHC-P: Mouse colon tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab51495 was affinity purified from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51495 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/300.|
FunctionInhibits translation initiation and cap-dependent translation. May excert its function by hindering the interaction between EIF4A1 and EIF4G. Inhibits the helicase activity of EIF4A. Modulates the activation of JUN kinase. Down-regulates the expression of MAP4K1, thus inhibiting events important in driving invasion, namely, MAPK85 activation and consequent JUN-dependent transcription. May play a role in apoptosis. Tumor suppressor. Inhibits tumor promoter-induced neoplastic transformation. Binds RNA.
Tissue specificityUp-regulated in proliferative cells. Highly expressed in epithelial cells of the mammary gland. Reduced expression in lung cancer and colon carcinoma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDCD4 family.
Contains 2 MI domains.
DomainBinds EIF4A1 via both MI domains.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Rapidly degraded in response to mitogens. Phosphorylation of the phosphodegron promotes interaction with BTRC and proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm. Predominantly nuclear under normal growth conditions, and when phosphorylated at Ser-457. Exported from the nucleus in the absence of serum.
- Information by UniProt
- Death up-regulated gene protein antibody
- Dug antibody
- H731 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab51495) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : recombinant PDCD4
Lane 2 : 293 HEK cells treated with TPA and MG132.
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa
ab51495, at 1/100 dilution, staining human PDCD4 in paraformaldehyde fixed (4%), paraffin embedded mouse colon tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
All lanes : Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab51495) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human HEK cell Lysate at 30 ug/ml
Lane 2 : Mouse N2A cell Lysate at 30 ug/ml
All lanes : Li-Cor IRDye®800CW-conjugated Goat anti rabbit
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
13% SDS-Page gel used, Blocking done for 1 hour at RT, Primary Incubation overnight at 4°C.
ab51495 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Chen H et al. Role of Programmed Cell Death 4 (PDCD4)-Mediated Akt Signaling Pathway in Vascular Endothelial Cell Injury Caused by Lower-Extremity Ischemia-Reperfusion in Rats. Med Sci Monit 25:4811-4818 (2019). PubMed: 31253757
- Qiao L et al. microRNA-21-5p dysregulation in exosomes derived from heart failure patients impairs regenerative potential. J Clin Invest 129:2237-2250 (2019). PubMed: 31033484
- Wang K et al. Long Noncoding RNA LINC01296 Harbors miR-21a to Regulate Colon Carcinoma Proliferation and Invasion. Oncol Res 27:541-549 (2019). PubMed: 29673421
- Aili T et al. miR-455-5p promotes cell invasion and migration in breast cancer. Mol Med Rep 17:1825-1832 (2018). PubMed: 29257232
- Xin J et al. miR-204 functions as a tumor suppressor gene, at least partly by suppressing CYP27A1 in glioblastoma. Oncol Lett 16:1439-1448 (2018). PubMed: 30008822